Youth hunt elk/deer help

scpaisley

My daughter just passed her hunters ed course and has set her sights on elk season. I'm having a hard time singling out a good tag for her. I figure there has got to be some people on here thats gone though this previously. Any and all help appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

That's awesome Scott. My son is almost 14 and I have been through that as well. I would start with a Doe hunt, either antelope or deer. I would also contact DOW in an area you want to hunt and try to get some contacts for landowners. Often they are more willing to let youth hunt on their land. It seems like a long shot getting permission, but all they can say is "no". I've had great luck with contacting landowners and gaining permission. Good luck. If I can be of any help feel free to PM me.

Tim

Thanks Tim! Right now I'm looking at the Big Gulch RFW cow elk hunt in mid December for her. From everything I'm seeing and hearing it sounds like a decent shot at getting an elk in front of her. I'm trying to decide if I should just put in for the either sex tag for that same ranch and go after a bull, it takes 6 and I got 7 so I should draw it.

"Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints"

Hey Buddy, I would contact Jim steele 303 726 5975 he has some last season youth cow or bull hunts in unit 3 around craig. he charges a very resonable rate and if it snows, you will have no problem.

Also look at the DOW's youth outreach program. We did that last year for my youngest and it was a blast. We didnt get a deer but had a great time and met some great people.

Milo

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom