Youth hunter any bull help.

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
I have a beautiful little silver eyed daughter that could use your help. Well maybe not so little anymore. She is taller then me now. If you know of a 400 bull kinda of close to the road. Let us know. We aren't asking for anyone?s honey hole or anything. Just point us in the right direction. Need to keep the shots with in 100 hundred yards. She's a young hunter. Thanks in advance for you help.

Hey BIGJOHN!

I Started a Thread Real Similar to Yours & It Disappeared!

I Wasn't even asking about a 400"er!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

> Hey BIGJOHN!
>
>I Started a Thread Real Similar
>to Yours & It Disappeared!
>
>
>I Wasn't even asking about a
>400"er!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Maybe it was because you don't have a 17 year old daughter that has a elk tag ? :)
Thanks for the tip Vanilla, maybe I can get Doug L to go with me and check that spot out.

John, I can help you out I know of 2 separate youth 400" bull elk. I was within 50 feet of both of these bulls and could get your daughter just as close.

Here they are:

98098img3257.jpg

37945img3148.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-19 AT 08:05AM (MST)[p]Isn?t the point of the forum to learn, ask questions and get help? Not everyone on here has a vast network of elk hunting, has time off work, or rates elk hunting a priority over kids school and life.

Of course hunters want to know someone with a tag has put time in scouting - but so what if they haven't for what ever reason. If you don't want to offer up some advice then don't - but discouraging someone for just asking is just as bad for them as not scouting is to you.

The vast majority of bulls killed on the youth are spikes and two year old bulls - but to a kid and that parent is an awesome experience. So it wouldn't hurt to offer up the honey-hole or hell maybe take someone and grab a slice of that experience yourself.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-19 AT 01:00PM (MST)[p]elknut

Great Reply!
More people need to get off their high horse and help others if they can. I'm sure most people that started hunting had someone that also helped them? Our in my opinion if you can't help someone out that is asking for help then just keep your pie-hole shut.

This is a Utah youth any bull tag. So she is hunting a open bull unit. But she tagged out yesterday morning! Thanks for all of the help. She got her blue ribbon bull and is all smiles ! Her first elk !

That is great to hear and I am happy for her maybe a picture or two would make it even better we all would like to see was she was able to harvest. I also love the other two previous post they are exactly right on I have asked numerous times on this forum for the same type of help starting the 1st of this month. My son has also drawn a youth any bull tag and we have been hunting hard for two days now and haven't seen or heard any elk whatsoever. I would love the opportunity to put my son on an elk this year and could use any help you guys are willing to give. Criticizing and belittling will not help so just don't say anything if that's what you truly desire to do thanks. Hunt hard and carry on

Based on the original message I viewed this post as a joke. Thus my post of a rocky mountain goat and moose. If it were a serious inquiry for help, I did go on a youth anybull hunt last year and might be willing to supply info through a PM.

Congrats to you and your daughter BigJohnT

>Based on the original message I
>viewed this post as a
>joke. Thus my post
>of a rocky mountain goat
>and moose. If it
>were a serious inquiry for
>help, I did go on
>a youth anybull hunt last
>year and might be willing
>to supply info through a
>PM.
>
>Congrats to you and your daughter
>BigJohnT

This was a little tongue and cheek! We have been scouting the area since she got the tag. Without access to some awesome private property or knowledge of a monster on a any bull unit. We just went with the best bulls we could find.I don't think anyone wants to see a pisscutter rag horn youth bull ?

>>Based on the original message I
>>viewed this post as a
>>joke. Thus my post
>>of a rocky mountain goat
>>and moose. If it
>>were a serious inquiry for
>>help, I did go on
>>a youth anybull hunt last
>>year and might be willing
>>to supply info through a
>>PM.
>>
>>Congrats to you and your daughter
>>BigJohnT
>
>This was a little tongue and
>cheek! We have been scouting
>the area since she got
>the tag. Without access to
>some awesome private property or
>knowledge of a monster on
>a any bull unit. We
>just went with the best
>bulls we could find.I don't
>think anyone wants to see
>a pisscutter rag horn youth
> bull ?

From a Young Gal Youth Hunter?

Yes We Do wanna see Pics BIGJOHN!

I Do Have Some Advice Though!

You Can Start Mid-way & Keep Trying For Bigger!

But If You Start Out Big it just ain't gonna be as Much Fun!

A Big Atta-Girl for BIGJOHNS Daughter!

And Besides!

I got a Feeling there's some Character to this Bull!:D

it's funny that elk assassin wanted to joke around and poke fun at first but he definitely must have seen the errors of his ways with his ridicule. But I guess we really can't expect much less from him

Here is our happy hunter !
976028968bab781d743b594759717e3f7e6ea.jpeg
Here is some of Hannah?s crew. A few missing here.
56649ef3bc2059d3e4ea99286ae71d69b6d12.jpeg

Here is how he got his name as the bull ribbon bull. I was spotting down low. Todd her big brother and Tony our friend. Said which one do we shoot. I said I put a blue ribbon on his horn. Shoot the one with the blue ribbon.
4802245bb5f7348ed4dbdb423e7f944f1f714.jpeg

Nice Job Hannah & Everybody!

I'm Still trying to Figure out How BIGJOHN 'Flagged' that Bull!:D

Congratulations to your daughter!

That's a great bull for her first elk hunt and a lot of first time hunters don't even see one. But it does raise the bar a little bit for her next bull. Congratulations again to you and your daughter and also the whole team in the picture to make this very special for her

That is cooler than throwing little chickens in a creek!!! Good for you guys and great for the lil lady!!!! Sweet hunt. Congrats. Ya think that prize winner bull picked up his ribbon from a stackyard tarp?

Congrats to Hannah and a proud Papa. You did very well. Awesome memories made there. Heck a lot of old timers have not bagged a bull of that size. We hunt general season muzzy elk every year and if someone bags a rag horn we are on cloud nine.

Well done BIGJOHNT.

Thanks for sharing your hunt and photos.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-17-19 AT 03:22PM (MST)[p]Congrats - one of the best elk photo?s posted this year, it's about friendship, family, and that wonderful thing called ?elk hunting? that really matters! Having old stinky on the ground is awesome too.

Show a non-hunter a photo of a monster bull and all they see is a dead elk. Show this photo and they will see that little girls big ass smile - we need more of both and I'd suggest by showing more little girl smiles will get us all closer to healthy elk hunting for everyone.

I truly thought this was a joke thread as well. Otherwise I would have offered up some help.

ABMass I sent you a PM.

>I truly thought this was a
>joke thread as well. Otherwise
>I would have offered up
>some help.
>
>ABMass I sent you a PM.
>

I wasn't really looking for help. We had already found these rag horns. But she wanted something like her brothers youth hunt bull or her sister limited entry hunt. When it all came down to it. I would have been proud for her to shoot a spike bull. Open bull units are not known for monster bulls. After a lot of scouting we couldn't find anything bigger. We felt any rag would be a awesome trophy. Lucky for us the elk followed the script exactly !

Great work! I misread your OP as made in jest, which is why I responded the way I did. My bad.

Congrats on an awesome bull.

>That is great to hear and
>I am happy for her
>maybe a picture or two
>would make it even better
>we all would like to
>see was she was able
>to harvest. I also love
>the other two previous post
>they are exactly right on
>I have asked numerous times
>on this forum for the
>same type of help starting
>the 1st of this month.
>My son has also drawn
>a youth any bull tag
>and we have been hunting
>hard for two days now
>and haven't seen or heard
>any elk whatsoever. I would
>love the opportunity to put
>my son on an elk
>this year and could use
>any help you guys are
>willing to give. Criticizing and
>belittling will not help so
>just don't say anything if
>that's what you truly desire
>to do thanks. Hunt hard
>and carry on
Alex how is your hunt going ? I sent a couple pm's but haven't heard from you . Hope you where able to get your boy into some elk.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom