youth hunters in utah

O

outdoorsman04

im a youth myself im 15. Do you think its fair that they
let 18 year olds and younger hunt all three seasons for deer .
I think they do it because were not as avid and experienced to know where to go or how to do it.But once they learn there just as smart as older hunters. I want to know your opinions
later ya'll

For the most part, if your 18 your still in high school and living with your parents. Wait til you get in your senior year and you'll understand.

I think that youth hunts are awesome! Great way to get kids into hunting, and give them at least a slightly better chance of seeing game then they might have otherwise.

Arizona has a youth hunt program that offers doe & cow hunts to Jr. hunters.

I think it's a great way to cut their teeth....

S.

:)

I think that it's great. It has allowed me to get my little brother and sister more opportunities at harvesting deer. I hunt the muzzleloader, but have just as much fun taking them on the other hunts. I am just a little bitter that it wasn't around for me!! I don't think that anyone doesn't like the idea.

I think Youth Hunts are the ticket to getting our youngsters into the outdoors. Here in NM they have youth hunts in most of our units. This year my 13 years old son was fortunate to draw a youth hunt in 23 Burro MT area. We pass up 13 bucks and had an opportunity at a 170 class buck. He finally scored on a 23 inch three point.

We would not have had that kind of opportunity on the general hunts.

I think it's great. The reason this is done has nothing to do with the experience or ability of youth hunters though. It is an effort to get future hunters interested in Archery and Muzz. hunting - hopefully to relieve pressure from the rifle hunt in years to come.

I'm very much in favor of most special considerations for youth hunters (3-season hunts, early general hunts, youth only hunts), you guys are the future after all. The only one I disagree with is the 15% of tags reserved for youth (already being used for turkey tags and being considered for big game). I just don't think that youth hunters need a better chance at drawing premium tags than anybody else.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom