"Youth's First Bull"

TheBoneCollector

Here's my son's first big game animal! We still haven't stopped smiling. We were able to scout the unit for a couple of days and find some nice bulls before season. He had some close calls on a couple of big bulls, but we couldn't close the deal. On the last evening he made a great shot on this bull. We had a special hunt and was able to spend it with family. We had my Dad and Uncle there to share the experience with us and that made it even more special. Thanks to the NMGF and the MM members for helping get our youth hunters involved! Great job Blake!

TBC
4ae1d4da526d43dd.jpg

Way to go Blake! What a great first bull and what looks like the start of a great hunting career. Wish I could've been there. Keep up the great work!!

Smitty

Good job by the little man! Tell him congratulations on his bull. If I had killed an elk at his age......I wouldn't have been able to contain myself....I would have exploded with joy.

Great job! Like firemedic56, I would be on cloud 9 to shoot a bull at his age.

Awesome. Congrats to your son. That picture made me grin and reminded me of my first bull as a kid. There's nothing better than a first bull.

Vinihunt,

Believe it or not he shot my Rem 300 Ultramag. I picked up a used stock, had it cut down and then put a limbsaver on it. It is magna ported and really doesn't kick that much. I had him shooting my .243,.204 and .17 cal at the range off the bench and with his shooting sticks. He shot probably 25 rounds with the Ultra Mag off the lead sled out to 550 yards and 300rds with the others. I was a little worried about the recoil, but he said he didn't feel a thing. I figured a little recoil is worth the knockdown power. The limbsaver is worth every penny!

TBC

Thats AWESOME good job to your son and you as well!! He will never forget that day as long as he lives !!!!!!!! Congrats ,hope you do something special with the ivory .

Nothing better than kids getting to go hunting, being successful filling a tag, and a great big smile in a picture!

Great job & congratulations!!

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom