Yukon Moose Hunt 2013

bobby7321

Location - Northern Yukon
Dates - Sept 24th to October 5th
Outfitter - Blackstone Outfitters (Jim & Adrienne Fink)
Rifle - Winchester M70 .375 RUM (270 gr TSX, 105 gr H4831SC)

Went on a moose hunt in the northern Yukon with Blackstone Outfitters. Also having tags for caribou, bear, and sheep if time and luck permitted. Took my usual crew. Me, my brother Albert, my dad (the hunter), and my grandfather. Floated the Ogilve and Peel Rivers for 11 days (75 Kms total). Grandpa stayed in base camp, and the rest of us froze our asses off. Weather was as bad as they had ever seen it up there during this hunt. Pretty cold, and a constant light snow. We still had a good time, and the operation is very well run. We will definitely be going back looking for that big one. Saw moose, but nothing worth shooting. There was a dandy that you'll see in the video, but he was just outside the concession by about 10 feet (wrong side of the river). We were the only guys that didn't tag out. All the other hunters took moose, most of them very nice. A few grizzlies and caribou as well.

Here is a 15 minute video I made of the hunt.

https://vimeo.com/76808546

Very cool high quality video. Thanks for not using heavy metal music.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

Nice vid. I was at Fink's neighbors on the previous hunt so I can attest to the terrible weather in the northern Yukon this fall.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom