Yukon sheep and moose

bogey

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-19 AT 08:02AM (MST)[p]https://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2019/88806dsc00144.jpg

65631dsc00080.jpg

3273dsc00086.jpg

Been back about a week from my first sheep hunt. Hunted with Yukon Peak Outfitting, went great. Wore pick as base layer as my girl friend had breast cancer surgery when I was gone(went good and a great outlook with clean tests!)
Great hunt. Sheep was physically hard. Left horses at 7 in morning after little breakfast and few candy bars in pack got back 38 hours later, slept few hours on mountain with a little sheep meat over fire, pack out in morning took 13.5 hours for 9 crows miles.
I was toast
Got lucky and moose hunt went quick and he died right on the horse trail

Great animals but that ram is really nice! How long was the horn if you don't mind me asking?

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Guide quick measured it a little over 38" and base I think was 13.25. he stood back up after about 20 minutes(just over a rock ledge) and having went down instantly. Ended up needing a follow up shot only being able to see a little of him it went in by the spine and blew out the other side of his face. So no pics from the other side and ruined cape. He is slightly broomed on the other side. Was also a good flared ram with him and we were going to shoot which ever stood and gave us the shot first.
Moose is 63 and we rough scored him in field at a very strong number above boone. Want to measure both better later just because

Hunts in the far north with a good outfit are almost always amazing. Finding two trophies like that...well that's pretty sweet icing on a very delicious cake!

Congrats bogey and thanks for sharing.

You have had a once in a lifetime hunt getting both fantastic trophies. Getting a great ram and then a monster bull moose does not happen often. Enjoy your success because it will most likely only get harder going forward.

Fantastic hunt!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-19 AT 03:23PM (MST)[p]Thanks.

I rolled a big grizz twice, got a third bullet into him but we could not find, not much blood :(

LAST EDITED ON Sep-26-19 AT 06:29PM (MST)[p]
>Thanks.
>
>I rolled a big grizz twice,
>got a third bullet into
>him but we could
>not find, not much blood
> :(

I would have left that part untold.....

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Awesome trophies! That bull is so cool.

Brian Latturner