Zach scores in the final minutes of his hunt!!, My hunting pal got his first bull tonight

NMPaul

Zach scores in the final minutes of his hunt!!, My hunting pal got his first bull tonight

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-08 AT 10:30PM (MST)[p]I bought a Ranch only tag for my son Months ago. I got it real cheap because it was only for a little more than a section and elk are only occasionaly on it.

The way it works in NM is with the RO tag you can pick the 5 days of your hunt from Sept to Dec 31st. We finally had a week to give it a go.

I will give more details later, but, after hunting every morning and evening the last 5 days we finally found elk on the property we could hunt.

We had pretty much given up because there was almost no sign on the property at all. It is about a half hour from the house so we hit every morning and every evening and saw nothing for 4.5 days.

Super easy stalk, sat and watched a herd of small bulls spar with each other (at least 8 small bulls) and a perfect 135 yard shot.

Zach is 11 yrs old and I didnt get my first bull till I was almost 30.

I will try to get some pics up.

By the way, congrats to NMbullfighter and KHart. NMfighter got his elk this weekend and Khart got his bull oryx in the last seconds of his hunt. Just got off the phone with him.

2008ZachsbullLaurensoryxotherstu-1.jpg

RE: Zach scores in the final minutes of his hunt!!, My hunting pal got his first bull tonight

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-08 AT 10:15PM (MST)[p]and you were getting discouraged. haha.. did that wind ever let up? Congrats to you and the little guy, we would have helped if we were still in town..cant wait to see some pics

RE: Zach scores in the final minutes of his hunt!!, My hunting pal got his first bull tonight

Congrats NMPauljr! I cannot wait to see your pics.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-08 AT 10:24PM (MST)[p]

He's a lucky boy, in more ways than one...

DC

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-08 AT 10:40PM (MST)[p]Here is another.

2008ZachsbullLaurensoryxotherstu-3.jpg

This bull has a really cool cape. Very blonde for a young bull and has a tall spikey mane.

We watched this herd of bulls sparring with each other for about 5-10 minutes. At one point 4 bulls were fighting at the same time.

Paul,
Tell Zach I said "nice shot & good job". I'll post pics of my Oryx soon.--Kevin

It doesn't get any better than the smile on his face!!

Be proud dad, be very proud (of your boy and yourself).

Take your boy hunting and you won't have to hunt for your boy...

DC

I agree. The best thing about the pics is the huge genuine smile. Love it.

Congrats.

Way to go Zach!

zach's smile tell it all! big congrats! beautiful elk!!

vinihunt

Paul,
Tell Zach congrats. You're gonna have to add on if he keeps this up! Not too much room left on the wall in your den the last time I saw it and he just keeps adding to the list of critters to hang up in there!!

excelent!

It doesnt get any better than watching a youngster go hunting and to have the chance to tag something.My son and I are getting excited about our bow hunt in unit 36.I cant wait to watch him in action.

Paul, that son of yours is putting most of us to shame! Congrats AGAIN. Been missing awhile but every time I come back there seems to be another picture of Zach grinning with some critter he shot! His old man/guide must not be that bad in the field...-Cody

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom