Zeiss 65mm or 85mm

W

WSM2

I'm currently looking to purchase a Zeiss spotting scope and like everyone I'm looking for the best price.However having trouble decideing on a 65mm or a 85mm. Weight wise the 85mm is about 1 lb. heavier. Does anyone own either of these scopes yuor input would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you back pack, , and are willing to have the max of 45x - go with the 65mm,

If you are hunting sheep, I would say go with the 60x, this is when swarovski becomes a better option for the back pack crowd, you can get the 60x, with a 65mm lens- this weighs 3 pounds,

I have the 65. It is awesome. The optics are really impressive. It gathers plenty of light and the color definition is fantastic. I rarely even use the 45 power, especially with the heat waves during archery season, so it is plenty. It is very packable and the size is just right. I'd hate to pack the 85 around. It's overkill in most cases and too much for a backpack hunter.

I have a Zeiss 85mm and a Swarovski 65mm. They are both great spotting scopes, but if you are going to backpack the 65mm is the way to go. Heat waves are a problem as mentioned by Big Pig. My 85 is for taking pictures thru and watching things from or close to the truck. The 65 is in the pack when I take off to go hunting. I have never really felt disadvantaged with my 65, except maybe right at the very last light, but it is usually at such a distance that you do not have time for a stalk anyways. My opinion the 65 is more versatile and much more fun to carry, the Zeiss glass is great as well. Good Luck

Hey thanks for your input guys, still trying to decide. May just come down to the price I get quoted for either of them. Who seems to have the best price?

I bought mine from Doug at Camera Land, but I also bought a digital camera and adapter at the same time. Camera Land allowed me to get it all at one place and also provided the expertise to help me with what I needed. They seemed to be as cheap as anyone also, I did check several places.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom