Zeiss Lens Cloths

I use a bunch of them for cleaning my binoculars and scopes, especially good at removing fingerprints. I use a combination of a soft brush, air bottle, Zeiss cloths, and a microfiber cloth to keep my lenses clean.

I've never seen them at Wal-Mart. I'll have to check next time. Were they in sports or the camera section?

Excellent product.

As the previous poster suggested, they should be used WITH compressed air, and or brush.

I have a Leupold Scopesmith Lens Cleaner on order, so I'm covered.

Anyone know where to buy 100% Isopropyl alcohol? I've checked at drug stores and Home Depot, haven't located it.

Thanks,

KP

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check the local Wally World. Are the ones you purchased the actual Zeiss brand, or something else? The reason I ask is because my wife just got new glasses from Target and they gave her a lens cleaning kit that contained a bottle of isoproyl alcohol (unlimited free refills to boot), pre-moistened lens cloths, and a micro-fiber cloth all in one kit. They're marked with the Target logo, but looks to be a good deal, as they retail at under $10.00 for thew whole kit.

Foreman:

These lens cloths are actually made by Zeiss. The kit your wife bought, is the alcohol pure or is it 70%? Leupold recommends using pure alcohol, but I haven't been able to locate it. I've checked the drug and hardware stores, and the best they have is 91% isopropyl alcohol.

KP

Kphunter, it doesn't say on the bottle what percentage. Only says, "Contains Isopropanol". I've always used the Zeiss pre-moistened cloths, but there's not many places around that carry them, so if Wal-Mart has them, that would be fantastic. I imagine the ones my wife got at Target are probably just as good. They say on the box, "Safe for all optics, including binoculars and scopes, and those with anti-reflective coatings".

Kphunter, made it to the local Wal-Mart today where I picked up a 50 pack of the Zeiss pre-moistened lens cloths for $2.97. I was paying $6.00 for 21 at the sporting goods store. Thanks a bunch for the tip!

Foreman:

Glad you found the cloths at Wally World. I may go back and buy a second box, can't beat it for the price!

KP

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom