Zen-Ray Binoculars

nicediybucks

I was wondering if anybody has much experience with these binoculars. I am considering getting the ED 8X43's. I just don't want to waste my money if they don't compare to Nikon. I have used Nikon for years, but I feel that there are better binoculars for about the same money. How would they compare to Nikon monarch X's?

You'll get mixed responses. A couple on here love them (myself included) and a few others haven't bought in yet.

In my opinion, you will not find better glass until you spend at least $500 more. I've compared them heads up with a couple of my leica binos and my swaros. They can't be beat in sharpness. Crisp view throughout. Eye relief isn't as good and they aren't "tried and true" yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy them. I put them above any of the vortex glass and above all the mid tier binos.

I've pointed at least a half a dozen guys to them so far and they've all been very, very pleased with the purchase. I'm sure you would be too.

BTW, get the ED2.

Just got the 8X43 ed2's. How do they compare to Nikon Monarch's? Not even in the same category, the Monarch's are not close in my opinion. Like dryfly said, to get as good of glass you would probably have to get into the $1000 range to compare to the Zen-Ray's. We'll see how the mechanical side holds up as the years go by.

The view in my 10x Zen ED2's are fabulous. On par with my buddy's EL's (no kidding, spent a week recently comparing), and slightly better than his SLC and my trinovid. 3 months of hard use and no problems yet.

>Does anybody carry these in Utah?
>
I have been using the 10x ED and am very impressed for the money. I have used the best photography lenses made for years and the glass in the ZR ED is right there. I have a Zeiss Conquest scope on rifle and the ZR ED easily outperforms conquest glass. Buy the ed2 and don't look back you will be very happy with purchase.

I have the 8x42 Atlas Intrepid ED binoculars from Eagle Optics. They are virtually the same binoculars as ZenRay and Hawke. $299. I put away my Swar 10x42EL for the season just to try these.

They are inferior to Swarovski, but not by much. Certainly not with respect to price. Optically they are outstanding! I would compare them to Nikon's Premier LX glass which preceded the EDG.
Pretty flat field and clear nearly to the edge. Some flaring and chromatic aberration but excellent neutral color and wonderful low light performance.

They are very good. I'm not selling my EL's but they are in my truck right now. The chinese are on to something here.

My buddy bought a pair this year. They are nice but I would not compare them to slc's or el's (I have owned slc's el's and gold rings. My el's aren't going anywhere). I would compare them to gold rings. I am going to pick a pair up for the truck so I have a good pair of beaters.

You definately will not be wasting your money although, in my opinion and based on my side by side comparisons of the 8x43 EDs, I don't think they are as good as some of these other guys do.

I still think that the Monarchs are a good solid choice for the money.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

The Zen ED blows the Nikon Monarch away in every aspect. The EDII is even better. I have and will continue to call them the best value in optics on the market today. Get the ZR EDII. There is nothing close to as good as them for $400 and not much even close for under $800. You will get close to as good as Zeisswaroleica at less than 1/4 the price.

>The Zen ED blows the Nikon
>Monarch away in every aspect.
>The EDII is even better.
>I have and will continue
>to call them the best
>value in optics on the
>market today. Get the ZR
>EDII. There is nothing close
>to as good as them
>for $400 and not much
>even close for under $800.
>You will get close to
>as good as Zeisswaroleica at
>less than 1/4 the price.
>

Couldn't agree more. The Zen ED2 blows away the Monarch bino. Not even close.

I have a set of 10x43's for sale on another hunting websiteif anyone is interested.i bought them brand new in september for $369 and I really need the money so i am only asking$275-send me a message and i will tell ya where they are at.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom