ZENRAY PRIME

never_catch

Long Time Member
Just wondering if any of you guys have upgraded your ED2 or ED3's for the new PRIME binos?? What's your thoughts on them??

~Z~

I have the ED3's and am contemplating getting the Primes if they truly are an upgrade. There are a couple people that are supposed to be getting them here in the next couple days on a couple of other forums and I will probably base my choice off of their comparisons.

I should have the ZEN Prime HD 10x42 tomorrow. Maybe day after, but likely tomorrow. I'll post some when I have used it a little.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-01-12 AT 04:23PM (MST)[p]These things seem like the real deal. Sweet spot is 95% of the fov. There is not a lot of room for any more useful stuff in the image of these. SO far so good. Sharp as a tack and very bright, high contrast image. There is a fairly substantial improvement in "feel and quality" over the ED series. Not a lot of improvement in centerfield resolution, but it's there. The flatter larger sweet spot makes the fov seem noticeably bigger.

Thanks SteveC:

That is the first time I've seen anything objective written on the HD primes and I've been looking all over the internet. I considered pre-ordering a pair but decide to wait until I read a few reviews. Camaralandny has them for $555.

Since they did not make enough in the first batch and moved them to back orders until July, I decided to buy a spotting scope instead of new binos. When I can replenish optic funds I will consider them again. So please keep us updated as to how they work in the field.

So far there are only two of us with these binoculars. That will change this week. Look on the Binocular subforum at Bird Forum and in Optics Talk. Frank and I have posted a lot of more detailed stuff there.

Steve

Did you happen to get a weight on these yet? Are they close to the spec of 29oz? From yours and Frank reviews it sounds like they are hefty.

Thanks!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-12 AT 11:17AM (MST)[p]There has been a "Longshoreman's Dispute" with the Port of Portland. Part of ZR's shipment got off the boat and through customs. Those got to some of the pre orders. The dispute has cleared, but customs wound up with a backlog. ZR posted elsewhere they should ship Monday, July 23. It took four extra days for customs to get through the pile up of stuff.

Google over to "Binoculars Bird Forum". There is a Zen Ray subsection there and a quite long thread with reviews of the Prime HD there.

Yeah they are. I got both 8x and 10x and will send one back. I was intending to keep the 10x. While mine is good enough I almost just kept it and sent the 8x back. I then opened the 8x. I am now keeping it and sending back the 10x. The further I push the 8x Prime the better it does. Incredible really.

I got the 8x and that thing is brighter at lowlight/dark than my Swarovski spotting scope!! I know everyone will call BS but it's the truth!! I'm beyond impressed with the Prime HD's...well done ZEN~RAY!!

~Z~

I'm thinking about getting these in the 8x, does anybody know of a place that can beat Camerlands $609.00?

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom