Ziess v Swarovski

B

BUNKHOLE

I have $$ saved up for good glass, but am undecided on which one. I know that the Ziess are lighter than the SLC, but is there any differance in sharpness,clarity,etc.? I really don't want to spend the extra $$ on the EL's , though they are nice....but are they worth spending an extra $300-$400? Any opinions?

We have all been there before, we purchase a product that suites is fine now, But we would rather have the better product.
Here is my opinion (the real story)
I purchased the 10\42slc years ago and at that time they were the best money could buy. Then a couple years later when the
15\56 slc came out I just had to have them so once again I bought them.At a muledeer banquet I won a set of 10 power el's and the new spotting scope and I have to tell you my 10\42 slc don't even come out of the safe anymore the el's are much brighter and clearer ( not to mention lighter )now the only way I fould this out is last year my friend and I were glassing and I gave him the el's and I used the slc after about 2 hours we switched and we both agreed what a difference the el's made.the color is a world of difference and light gathering is better not to mention the clarity.
The truth of the matter is save up a little more and buy the el's you won't regret it!! Also I heard that they are working on a pair of 12 power el's they can't make them in a 15 power but the 10 power is fine with me.
I hope you listen to my reasons and make the right decision.
Also if you go to a shop and look thru both glasses you can't tell the difference right away you have to be looking thru them for a little while.

To give you a good answer go and buy a issue of Successful Hunter magazine Jan/Feb No7.This is one of the best articles that I have ever read on binoculars,you won't regret it.It was written by Phil Shoemaker. I personally have the 10 by 42 el and the 15 by 56 cl and I love them,hope this will help you out...Devlin

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom