Zigga?

NeMont

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-08 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]It is Post Election time and the holiday weekend for Turkey Day is next week, gas has fallen to $2.01 a gallon out here in no man's land, under $2 in Great Falls, Billings, Missoula etc. When is GW going to make the price over $5 before the holidays? He better get moving soon because he only has about 60 days left in office.

Are you ever going to admit that our President doesn't control the price of crude oil and gasoline or is your fantasy just to hard for you to over come?

Where are we hunting? I kind want to see your pup at work.

Nemont

Let me give you my oil calculations.

w = oil monger
oil companies = record profits under w's watch

Time isn't up yet. You have to admit that w's policies haven't helped anybody but the oil companies in the last 8 years. There's money in oil mongering baby.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-20-08 AT 11:31PM (MST)[p]Nemont I do believe we have a long standing bet as well. If the Dems win the house in 2006, whatever the price of gas is on 1/20/07 will be half by 1/20/09.

At the time you disagreed, that oil could only drop to that amount if there was a world wide recession or depression.

We are not there yet in price or calender but it's looking good, yet I bought a $25.00 gift certificate just in case. I think the ppb was $80.00 something on 1/20/07.

I predicted 2 years ago the economy would collapse and the country would elect a Democrat into the presidency along with a possible super-majority. This will scare the crap out of the big oil companies that will instantly lower prices in an unsuccessful effort to deflect their record windfall profits through mass market manipulation and collusion.

Bush alone might not have the sole power but having a pro-oil administration helps with the little things like the unprecedented lack of a swearing in at the senate subcomittee looking into the Energy Task Force Meeting.

So who was the fomer Chairman of the Commerce Committee that made such an unprecedented move as to not make the CEO's of the country not face perjury should they lie....well that would be convicted felon (R) Senator Ted Stevens of Alaska.

When the prices did not drop after IKE I knew the big 3 oil companies had already figured out that Obama was going to win the election and the ramifications which might arise from that.

I stand by my logic from 2+ years ago and we will shortly see if I was correct.

FTW,

I remember the bet and will pay off accordingly. I think my assumption still held true that the real driver of oil costs is the economy and well we all know where that is headed.

I still don't buy that oil companies react to who is President or President elect. If the largest publicly owned oil company in the world, Exxon Mobil, is only the 14th largest when compared to government own oil companies, it isn't oil executive who set the price. It is foreign governments who control the bulk of crude oil production. These government are cutting their own throats? I think they are seeing demand collapse just at it did in the early 80's.

Anyway I just am waiting for Zigga predicted rapid rise during the holidays because W wants to screw the American people over one more time. He is rapidly running out of days to accomplish this goal. Maybe he will have Israel attack Iran's nuke facility to make the price go up.

Nemont

Zigga,

Paid $1.89 yesterday here in Glasgow. I am wondering whether or not you are willing to admit that GWB isn't capable of raising the price of oil just to screw you.

Pheasant are still thick over here and the ducks are in. Goose hunting is getting better every day. Huns are still good but the sharpies are flushing wild at 70 yards. So bring the pup over in Dec. and I will host you on a hunt since gas is so cheap you can easily afford the drive.

Nemont

I know w isn't capable of much including raising the price of oil just to screw me but he has made it possible through his policies to benefit the oil companies. They have had record profits under his watch. What other companies can say that?

He has not effectively steered us away from foreign oil dependency and relying more on natural resources. What has he done with car manufacturers regarding more fuel efficient vehicles?

So when are we going hunting?

Name any president that has done anything to wean us off of oil. Go back as far as you wish and you won't find them. Even Clinton did nothing.

Fuel standards are a very poor way to help us get off of foreign oil. Higher gas prices and crude oil prices had done far more to reduce oil consumption and make people reduce driving by Billions of miles. Anyone who advocates for cheap gasoline and worries about global warming is inconsistant in their thought processes. The two are almost mutually exclusive.

How about the second week of Dec.?

Nemont

I'll have to argue that our technology has improved a tad in the last 8-30 years. Still no alternative to the gas hawgs??? Seriously??? Our fuel consumption has grown exponentially in the last 10 years. I advocate for cheap gasoline just to buy groceries and pay all the bills.

I am seriously interested in the hunt but will need to make some scheduling adjustments.

One thing that has always puzzled me is why the fed, state, and local governments are not running vehicles on natural gas. In the last 3 years many cities were caught in a budget struggle as fuel prices broke city budgets across the country.

I guess when gas is $1.25 a gallon 1/1/09 oddly enough it just won't be worth the Federal government to go after them. The greed and collusion that permeates Big Oil leaves them utterly predictable.

Most Americans have reduced their fuel consumption by a very small percentage. Unless you live in a major metro area it's a little difficult to not use your vehicle.

Living through the California Energy Crisis taught me to never trust so-called energy experts or the federal government. Some may say that the lower prices are caused by a global slowdown resulting in higher inventories...I say bull.

We hear all the time that it isn't oil availability it's the fact that our refineries are at 100% capacity. If that is true then why are companies like Chevron reducing output from those same refineries?

One would think that if we are at 100% capacity a slowdown would not effect refining output. Especially when Big Oil is constantly complaining that it's the lack of new refineries that keep the market subject to such volatile price fluctuations.

I consider myself conservative but, to say W could manipulate gas prices is laughable.That man don't have enough brains too pour piss out of a boot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom