Zone B ?

TheSaint

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-10 AT 01:02PM (MST)[p]I was invited to go archery hunting for blacktails in zone B during the last week of September. Is this a general tag? I called the divisions number in Sacramento a couple of times but never get a response. Thx

Yeah, It's a tag that anybody can get at a fish and game office. Huge area that has all different kinds of hunting and terrain. Some Monster true Blacktails come outa this area every year. If you have access to large chunks of private ground, success is almost a given but lots of guys pack into several of the public wilderness areas within the zone and are very successful as well. Can be very steep and very rugged country, r. snakes, Bear, Mt Lions, and poison Oak.

Were ever you hunt and however you do it, It's worth doing IMO! Good luck!!

Joey

Last week of Sept? You will be hitting it during rifle season. Not that you can't use a bow, but the bucks will have lost their velvet and gone to ground. Much harder hunt than late August.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Its going to be tough hunting the last week of Sept as most of the B zone bucks on public land are moving into the transition range. Ocourse, not all, but a large percentage will be. Weather and moon phase will help dictate where the deer are that time of year. What B zone will you be hunting?

I appreciate the info guys. I'm more along for the ride regarding this hunt than anything else. The dates are pretty much the only dates that work for both our schedules.

Thx again

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-10 AT 03:28PM (MST)[p]Also bring your smoking piece so you can smoke out with the mexican nationals who are growing pot up in them there hills:) If you walk up on a pot farm turn right around and get to the pickup ASAP and watch your back trail(serious)!!!

Saint;

All these guys were straight up with you......but REALLY pay attention to what boz said. If you're stepping into the B zone (trinity, tehema, mendicino, etc. counties) and haven't been there before, be very careful of the pot growers. They're mexican nationals that have nothing to lose. I'm wondering when it happens that some of them square off with some of the locals and the lead starts flying.

Be careful & good luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom