Zumbo Comments?

P

PinonPaul

I have a couple of issues with the Zumbo comments and wondered if anyone else would like to weigh in on this. In his letter to Sportsman he states, " As I see it there are three seperate endeavors that George Taulman is involved in, George Taulman the outfitter, George Taulman the Licensing agent, George Taulman the litigant who sued in the AZ courts."

I would not consider these seperate endeavors at all. Taulman and his business are vertically intergrated. One supports the other, which supports the other, which supports the other. Any person who would use or support any one of these endeavors supports them all. I noticed Jim Zumbo mentioned he had prior knowledge of the lawsuit and voiced his disapproval. However, he continued to use the USO licensing service and no where did he state he would stop using it in the future. I commend Zumbo for speaking out sharing his thoughts, also for deciding to eat the tag. I would also like to see him severe all ties to USO. Just my .02.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-27-04 AT 03:00PM (MST)[p]You've got to take anything this guy says with a grain of salt. Fact is he must do damage control. He must do whatever it takes to protect his image. That is his livelyhood. If you think otherwise you are just being naive.

Fact is I think Zumbo's an arrogant bastage. I met him at a sports show once when I was about 11 or 12. It was like pulling teath to get the guy to say anything, really soured my image of him. At the timne I read his articles religously, espicially the elk hunting once, I pretty much stopped after that meeting. The least you can do is be nice to a kid at a sports show, but he was too full of his image to do such a thing. Lets keep the pressure up on him. Maybe contact outdoor life as well?

I would guess that part of the reason why He might burn the tag. Is because of the extra 85 hunters who were given tags in unit 10 because of this 10% issue. With that many tags and all the pressure, the unit has had over the last few years. THE NOVEMBER UNIT 10 HUNT REALLY SUCKS!!!

"THE NOVEMBER UNIT 10 HUNT REALLY SUCKS!!! "

HAHA!!! Yeah, all you guys should quit applying for that crappy unit 10 tag.

I have also met and talked to Zumbo. He was as down to earth and friendly to me as could be. Maybe you caught him at a bad time. I'll tell you who is an arrogant baztard though, Bob Foulkrod. Spent a few nights in the same hunting camp in Africa. Everyone walked away from there (who wasn't associated with him) thinking he was the biggest a$$hole they'd ever met.

I think he has the best "comb-over" in Wyoming. You ought to see the wind catch that thing. Looks like a big bird taking wing.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-28-04 AT 09:26PM (MST)[p]Foulkrod comes across that way on TV hunting shows I've seen. Doesn't surprise me in the least. I can't stand Brenda Valentine either, every show I've ever seen with her she gut shoots or misses a whitetail, if its gut shot its always a perfect shot according to her. She seems like a total wack job.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom