073 Cow Elk ?

lvgrizfan

Hey guys, a buddy of mine who drew his first tag ever in NV, drew a 073 Cow elk tag, he spent last week up there saw lots of deer and one bull elk but no cow elk. Anybody have any idea's or info where to hunt in that area, any help would be great.

Thanks

thats an area where if you dont get the cow opening day good luck trying to find them the rest of the season. send me a pm wheres hes at and ill try to give some more info

I Just shot a cow in 073 this last Sat. Bryan21 is right the elk are very skidish right now. They are broke up into smaller groups and are realy laying low. Just keep glassing and covering country. You'll see them eventualy.

Thanks Bryan for the info, he will try that place.Ill let you know how he does this weekend, wish I could go and help but too many things on the plate. First time hunter he'll have to learn the hard way, starting to hunt at 48 is tuff.

Hunted it my whole life and it is just a big joke this year. They are ruining some great deer hunting. Very few elk and lots of tags. They think the elk will move in. I took a couple people out and got cows but you have to know where to go. I wish I could help but we head out Saturday for the bull hunt that starts Wednesday and have to keep are bull as free from people pushing them as much as possible. Stag has hardly any elk try the very north end of Wild horse mtn.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom