1,6A,10

1 is one of the best units in the state for elk, 10 is right up there as well probably worse than unit 1 and then 6a is down towards the bottom. Lots of elk but not a lot of very big ones in 6a.

Yes the post rut hunts are very tough even in the good units. Most Bulls head for nasty canyons to be alone for the winter. Find those canyons or lower elevation flats and glass glass glass. Only way I know how to hunt them during that time. There is usually too much water to sit a pond and have success but it's been done. A lot of guys have success by glassing them and getting into position.

Look into getting a Champ permit for AZ. It will allow you to hunt from and shoot from your vehicle. Also there are hunts set aside for these Champ permit holders.

This is a good idea for sure. If you qualify for the champ permit do it. There are some great hunts in great units with the champ permit and pretty decent odds.

Well for those that think that Unit 6A is not a good unit, here is my 2010 muzzleloader bull.

319donmartinunit6aml9292010photo5b.jpg

Lots of elk, but if you want a big one, you can't take the small ones..

I've hunted a good number of hunters there and all of them will tell you they would like to come back, especially for the archery hunt.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom