10/Max Wyo Deer Points

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
Hey All,

I am thinking of burning my deer points this year.

I have way to many for G but would Group Appl. with someone that wants to hunt G.

I hunt elk in a few units of the G overlap deer units, so I see plenty of nice muley bucks.

Just tossing an idea out---

PM's or Email are just fine.

[email protected]

Robb

I have 5 points and would love to tag along in order to avoid the special draw! Have you found a group yet?

That is funny Russ---!

Between this post and another one on the BS (Point Creep) I have 18 truly interested fellow's and a few that would like to in the future-

With 2-3 early draws before the May Wyo deer appl. timeframe, I have suggested we wait until then and see who has drawn tags and remove themselves from the list and if I draw a tag or two in the early draws, I would go in 2017 and I already have a strong commitment to a fellow M&M'er for 2017.

Each can hunt in their own area of desire as I have drawn the Gen Elk (cheapie fee of course!)or the Reduced Price Cow/calf tag (102-elk) 9 out of the last 10 years so I need no help on an area to hunt!

Plus I have had a warning or two about once I give someone my Group appl number that they 'could' add someone to the Group appl. so I better be very careful----crazy but I guess it could happen.

Thanks to all for your interest and honesty---

Robb

A bunch of interested fellers' huh? Not surprising. You've got the goods I guess!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

Round 2 in the draws--Wyo elk- and I got me 2 elk tags drawn....

Starting to look like 2017 for the G deer tag (I would be @ 11 pts)

Kinda rides on the Az Elk results now and I am like 4 bull elk tags out of the last 12 years----!!

Will keep all the interested parties Updated as the draws unwind.

We have until May----so plenty of time.

Robb

It has been brought to my attention that---

"Kinda rides on the Az Elk results now and I am like 4 bull elk tags out of the last 12 years----!!"

Should be 4 out of 13 years not 12 years---gezzzzzzz feel better?

Robb

Looking more like 2017 fella's.....

This month is make or break with Wyo sheep-moose-mtn goat and Utah mid-month 'hits' then Nv. results---

Robb

Hey Robb - did you recover fully from your hamstring injury last fall? You know, the one that prevented your from participating in the late AZ 27 hunt.

Man--- I don't think ya ever really recover from a hammy injury!!

One day it throbs and the next day it is fine.... thanks for asking my friend.

I am still doing my 3-5 miles a day hike with my backpack on ~~ (weather permitting) so it isn't like I am babying it much!

Back at ya dryboot!

Robb

No Wyoming for me ever again. I was saving points for a great retirement hunt, but forgot to apply this year and last and so lost them all. Rookie mistake, I know, but I won't risk losing a thousand dollars again. And I am sure that some clever Wyoming official is patting himself on the back and considering how he can hose another non-resident out of his money and Wyoming of potential income.

LAST EDITED ON May-09-16 AT 09:49PM (MST)[p]Bullskin, every other state does the same thing and takes your points away if you don't apply for consecutive years. Wyoming is the only state that has ever sent me a card in the mail telling me that I didn't put in for a Mule deer point the year prior and warned me if I didn't put in that year or at least purchase the point that they would drop my points to zero. Hard to believe they would send me a reminder and not to you?

If it's this year that is the second consecutive year, you are not too late to get in on nonresident deer and antelope, the deadline is the end of May now. Points only application for all species is later. For many hunts, failing to keep up with the pack even one year may set you back many years.

I appreciate the heads-up Elmer, but this happened last year, and deer was the only species I had applied for. I suppose it could have been worse. And, yes, HalfAce, Wyoming did send a reminder. As I said, it was my mistake, but I do not care to repeat it. If this is true of other states, then I was not aware of it and I do appreciate the warning. If there is a point to my post, other than making it clear that I am a grouch, it is that I cannot understand what any state hopes to accomplish with such policy.

Bullskin, I hear ya man. I really don't know the reason why any state would want to dump someone's points if they missed consecutive years in the draw. Only reason I can think is to somehow reduce point creep by getting rid of a few people. It sucks, but that's the way the game is played right now. I don't blame you being PO about it. Seems like everybody has one state they refuse to put in for because they got rubbed the wrong way. I'm no fan of New Mexico because they only allocate something like 6% of all tags to nonresident DIY hunters, far below what other states offer to NR's. Wyoming allocates something like 35% of Deer, Antelope and Elk tags to NR's, hard to be mad at that.

Sorry for your misunderstanding the rules ------

We would be at 5 pts if we applied together....iffy at best in the 'cheapie fee' pool.

Hang in there man

Robb

Just got back from a trip hiking/scouting with in G and I am almost shocked at the amount of deer.

Every where I hiked there was deer.

A few 'velvet nubs' starting to show, not any fawns though----

Robb

Keep your fingers crossed that winter 2016/17 is ok. Winterkill can change a lot of things in a hurry! Most of Wyo (with possibly G/H as an exception) is still in recovery mode from past winters/droughts). It can take years to recover from a bad winter so it's often worth taking advantage of things when they are good!

I just applied for Region G this year in the special draw with 4 PP. However, I estimate I only have a 50/50 chance. If I am not one of the lucky tag holders for this fall, I hope you would consider grouping with me in your 2017 quest. Regardless if I draw, I will be scouting the region this summer.
We exchanged some PM's earlier.
Good luck to you in your hunting adventures this year.
Chris

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak. So
we must and we will."
Theadore Roosevelt

True that on the winter! Who knows? We'll hope for another OK winter, but there will always be a few big ones up there, just got to know where they are when the season opens. Right???

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom