12-AE Early Chances???

Bearclaw84

So me and my hunting partner put in with 4 bonus points each for 12-AE Early hunt both residents and I am wondering what our chances are for drawing this tag? Also if we do get lucky and draw what kind of hunt are we looking at this year in this unit????

??? is why would a resident put in for this hunt ? Maybe/hopefully this is Your 2nd. choice and 13B or at least the 12 A-W late hunt were 1st choices.To answer your ?,what if ... this will be a good early hunt,but if weather comes and puts the deer in the lower country to the East can be a "GREAT HUNT OPPORTUNITY".Good Luck and have a good hunt experience,if drawn. Bruce & SilverGrand

This was our first choice, why would this be a bad 1st choice as a resident? I understand that the late hunts are better because of rutting activity but I was under the assumption that 12-AE was still a good unit? Just curious...

I hunted this unit last year with a Muzzy. Very tough hunt if the weather is dry and hot. Pray for snow and cold weather. Very difficult to kill a good buck when they are on top in the thick cover.

Because as a resident you could have put in for 13B or 13A as your first choice and then 12AE as a second choice. Being a resident you could draw a Strip tag over the Kaibab tag.

What you did is like folding after everyone has "checked" in a hold'em poker game!

Bearclaw84,
As a resident you can draw any deer tag in Arizona in the random draw process and you have the same odds of getting the early hunt on your second choice as you do your first choice. So you just tossed away a very slim chance at a strip or Late Kaibab tag, but it is too late now. Besides the late Kaibab and strip hunts you will have the best mule deer tag in the state. Your choice of 12A East Early is the best second choice mule deer hunt you could have made with just four points in my opinion. We harvest 170-190? bucks on this hunt. Let me know if you get your tag and if we can help you in any way with your hunt.

Kevin Call
High Point Outfitters . net

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom