128 deer

muzzhunter

Has anyone hunted or been in the unit during the season in the last few years? Wondering about how the quality and numbers are. I know it used to be a pretty good unit, but if I recall correctly it is a pretty weather dependent hunt. I was thinking of possibly having the wife apply with her max points. Any advise good or bad thoughts on the unit are welcome.

TIA

If you search you'll find some info on this hunt from past years.

After hunting it twice, '97 and 2011, this is my opinion. I would call it a fun hunt not a trophy hunt, your goal should be 170 and if the weather doesn't work out that may not be easy. it is not what it used to be at all. a few bigger bucks are taken and lots of smaller ones.in 2012 the tag numbers were cut in half that should start showing up in a positive way, but for whatever reason the bucks there don't get the size they do as say in region G even with age.

I have max points too and at some point I will hunt it again. not for the score but for the experience. I love it there , you can't always measure the quality of a hunt with a tape.

Stay thirsty my friends

Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what I was wondering about. She doesn't need a trophy we'd just like to be able to look over some bucks and she'd like to harvest a mature buck. I totally agree with your last statement that you can't measure the quality of the hunt with a tape. Thanks for your input I do appreciate it.

Glad to hear that they have cut the tags. i have max points as well and just not sure what to do over there in wyoming. would like to do Region G, but with max points its hard to justify.

Hopefully things turn around soon.

Travis
www.SkullHanger.com

Other area you might consider are 119 and 105. I think, but I don't know, that 105 is the best late hunt in WY. but I think it's also harder to DIY.

I'm torn between 105 and 128 .

stay thirsty my friends

Seems to be the same story on all of Wyoming's toughest draw areas, lots of bucks, but not much for quality. Makes me wonder if it'll change anytime soon. I know everyone else is asking the same questions.

Seems like there has been a couple of easy weather falls so some mature bucks should have survived the season and easy winters have helped also. Wyoming as well as Colorado should be getting better.

I don't have much for points in Colorado but I'm at max for Wyoming, like to use them soon. I always look at the late hunts because the construction season makes it hard to hunt early.

Im in, 128-1 special. Max points.

The November dates will not conflict with other hunts if drawn..

Im go'in for it..!...Wink ;-)

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Take a good camera. there isn't much of anything to see that isn't worthy of a picture.

Of all the states and provinces I've hunted this hunt I think is my favorite country to hunt in. if the deer were a little bigger and more plentiful it would be the perfect hunt.

Stay thirsty my friends

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom