$1500! What hunt will it buy?

FishlakeElkHunter

Very Active Member
I am wondering if there is a good hunt that someone could do for about $1000-1500?? I know it is not going to get me some great elk hunt or a Mule Deer hunt on Antelope Island! HAHAHAHA

What I am looking for is just a fun that that a couple of buddies could go out and have a good time on. Maybe an OTC Bear tag in Idaho...a Texas hunt...I dont know.....give me some ideas or where a guy could go to have a fun, good hunt with his buddies???

An OTC bear tag in Idaho is a certainty. You can do (IF YOU'RE WILLING TO HIKE/CLIMB) an OTC deer or elk hunt here in Idaho, too.

PM me if you'd like to talk.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Just about any DYI elk, deer or bear hunt can be pulled off on the cheap. Just stay away from the high dollar tags.
Camp with your own gear. While driving from one state to another, sleep in the back of your truck. Bring your own food.
Tag $300 to $900
Gas $100 to $400 (OK, maybe $500 this year)
Food, $150 a week (or less)
Cut up your own meat
Buy cheap beer and you'll have at least $50 left over

Anaconda,,,You and I think alot a like, GOOD plan.
Wink ;-)
4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Colorado deer tag voucher.
Colorado elk
Alaska sitka black tail.
Montana, Colorado, Idaho bear hunt.
Az coues, Javelina
Wyoming antelope
1200 will get you a Plane ticket to New Zealand and shoot what ever you want

Remember FLEH!

I take care of things while you're gone!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-11 AT 01:59PM (MST)[p]FLEH, I ran across this ad in Outdoor Life magazine the other day:

ANTELOPE
You'll see hundreds of pronghorns here in Wyoming. And get one sure, if you can hit at from 50 to 150 yards. Two seasons, June 20 to July 20 and Sept. 15 to Oct. 15. My low charge of $50 covers all but permit. Includes comfortable cabins, hot and cold showers, swell food, daily transportation to world's best antelope grounds. Wonderful scenery and all around good time. Write for interesting details.
OSTO V. HEATH 901 W. Yellowstone, Casper, Wyoming.
----------------------------------------------------------------

That seems well within your budget.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-11 AT 04:26PM (MST)[p]>Stay away from Utah & New
>Mexico. You are not
>wanted there.

Zim: With 99.99% of your posts complaining about Utah, I'm sure you are not applying here; correct???

FLEH:
Don't worry about dumb posts like the one above. There are plenty of decent cow elk hunts (if you like shooting cows) in Utah that are cheap. PM if you are interested.

>Stay away from Utah & New
>Mexico. You are not
>wanted there.

Ok Zim for the last time we all get it. You got screwed in Utah. You hate Utah. Nobody should put in for Utah. Did I miss anything?

>Stay away from Utah & New
>Mexico. You are not
>wanted there.

You mean New Mexico and Montana.

Utah wants me, they want me bad !
They write, call and send me flowers.
I'm going to Utah some day, some day over the rainbow.

"You can book a hunt with Shockey for 15,000. Check out his website. "

I'd love to go on a hunt with Shockey but.....Pa-leeese, 15K?? I don't think so! :)

Eel, What year mag did you get that bit of info from, 1932??

$1500. is the bare minimum that i can make any one DIY hunt to Nev, Wy, or Colo. That's if i already have the tag! That don't count the work i miss while i'm away. No vacation pay checks waiting for this guy when i get home.

Joey

Heck FLEH,

You can hunt around on this forum for racists.........all for free!

LMAO Eel!

Write for interesting details.
OSTO V. HEATH 901 W. Yellowstone, Casper, Wyoming.

Back then you had to Write,T'was a little before Internet was popular/Invented!:D

don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!

A couple years ago me and a handfull of buddies went to Montana and did an OTC bear hunt near Dillon. We stayed in a million dollar cabin that had outdoor shower fire pit it was absolutely amazing. I think the tag was 400.00 and we all chipped in for the cabin and it ended up being cheaper than a hotel and you could four wheeler right out of the cabin to the hunting grounds which were about a mile away. It was one of the funnest hunts i have ever been on.

I have to agree with the bear hunt as well. Last year a friend, me and my dad hunted OTC bears in Idaho. We rented a nice little cabin for about $60 a night. We brought some groceries and ate out a few times. It was not very expensive; other than the fuel!

Hunting in the spring is a lot of fun! If you involve a few people and split costs, you can save some $$$

I figure we spent about $1000-1200 on the hunt.

Try Mossback. First, they are not guiding the gov. tag so they might need the cash, second, because they aren't wipping Dr. Austads butt this fall they could take you jack rabbit hunting and I bet that would only cost you $500 a day.

I have friends that guide and I think you can do a pig hunt in California for around $500 plus the cost of the tag.

EELGRASS......BEWARE OF HIM HE IS ANOTHER MANNY.

Name
Birth
Death
Last Benefit
Issued By
SSN
Tools Order
Record?
HEATH, OSTO V 10 Apr 1925 20 Apr 2002 (V) 77 95348 (Merced, Merced, CA) (none specified) Wyoming

9 YEARS TOO LATE.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

$1500 back in 1995 for a guided Mule Deer hunt out of Afton, WY and a number of other Outfitters then.

I had a Brown Bear Hunt on Kodiak Island back in 1970 lined up but then signed another 6 month contract to continue working overseas, so cancelled out....what a big mistake that was looking back now. The whole hunt was less than $2000 and the hunt was with Pernell & Talifson.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for all the replies...well check that....SOME Of the replies!!!

I am not sure what I want to do. I have thought about a lot of the the options suggested here. Just want to go do something fun this year....Don't want to spend a TON of money...but willing to spend what is needed. I am not a guy that has to shoot the Biggest of the Most...just a fun hunt with a couple buddies is all we are looking for. Sick of playing the draw game and just looking for a fun hunt. The budget might increase a little depending on what we find but a couple guys want to stay as cheap as possible.

Bbop.....I just want you to know that she is getting ready to have a baby here any day now...if he comes out with Kitty Whiskers already...I am gonna come huntin for Child Support!! HAHAHA

FLEH, I guess I'm not one of the....SOME of the replys.:)

Kilo, Osto was only 17 when he placed that ad in the June 1942 issue of OL. That probably explains why he wasn't in the military. Now he's dead. Something always goes wrong with every hunt I plan.

Eel

>FLEH, I guess I'm not one
>of the....SOME of the replys.:)
>

>Eel

Hey Eel....I actually wrote the guy a letter and I am just waiting for a response...now you tell me he is dead!! What a waste of a stamp!!! I guess I will have to go with Option 2....

eel and hossblur must be brothers as they are both douchebags? :)

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

black bear or black tail in alaska diy
guided pacific coast fishing
guided lake powell or flaming gorge would leave a lot left over

how about an awesome idaho whistlepig safari ! i will provide beer and booze, fast food and a spot on my couch. i can personaly guarantee putting you on at least one 6" pig ! let me know in advance so i can have my posse scouting ......

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom