160 Accubond 284

NoDoe

Anyone know were I can buy some 160 Accubonds in 284. Every place I call they are out. I called Nosler and a guy told me they are not going to produce any for three months.???
Don

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-12 AT 08:21PM (MST)[p]NoDoe, i did a on line search and came up empty. Your best shot might be at a mom and pop sporting good store or from one of the many who have the Fed Firearms license and sell reloading stuff, firearms, and accessories out of their garage or small shop on their property.

That would seem to be a very popular bullet and there must be a few boxes sitting in stock thru these smaller independent sources. Good Luck!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I've been doing what Joey suggested for years. Scored 1000 Federal 215's when they were non-existant. Try Huntington's Die Specialties. They still have them listed. Maybe you'll get lucky. mtmuley

NoDoe, Love your handle!! You have my curiosity up here. What cartridge and how are you planning on pushing those 160 gr Accubonds? Thanks!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey, the Accubonds are for a Savage 110 L I bought new in the late sixtys. It is a 7mm Rem. Mag. The load that I worked up this winter is 64 grains of 7828ssc and a Fed. 215. It will put three shots right at a inch if I do my part. In the past I have always used Nosler 175 Par. for elk but they don't shoot any way near that good. I drew two elk tags this year. If I get lucky and shoot an elk I will let you know how the Accubonds performed.
Don

They'll do just fine on elk. I shot a bull a few years ago with that bullet at 450yds, complete pass through, he just stood there until he got wobbly and fell over.

NoDoe said, "I drew two elk tags this year. If I get lucky and shoot an elk I will let you know how the Accubonds performed."

Thanks for the reply! I asked because you might have been using a 280AI and if so i had some questions, but, sounds like a great loading for the 7mm Rem Mag. My money is on the Accubond over those Elk!! :)

Good luck on your hunts!!

Joey

NoDoe, Glad you got some bullets. I've had to use some creative ways to get what I needed from time to time. Happy I could help, good luck on your upcoming hunts. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom