161 early sheep

mta5672

Although we have somewhat of an idea where to start our scouting, i was wondering if anybody has any info, good or bad, on the hunt. We will be hunting horseback with a very mobile camp.

Thanks in advance!

it's been awhile since we hunted there but most of the big rams we saw were high on Jefferson as well. we saw several 160 type rams and one 170+ ram. we hunted alot near meadow canyon and glassed the high stuff from there.

For the early hunt you don't want snow. The sheep will stay on top of Jefferson. Its open and finding sheep is not a problem, the openness made it tough to get close for a shot. I set on one herd (50-60 heads)with 10 mature rams, for three days before I had a shot. It was an awesome hunt.

Thanks Signage. I may PM you for a few more detailed questions.

Thanks for all the help evrybody.

The hunt is about 10 days away. Although I havent had many scouting days I am still way excited. This is going to be the longest week of my life waiting to head over there!

Hey Todd I emailed you back, your profile says you're from Wyoming you might just check your hunt dates I believe the Non-Res hunt is Nov.20, but at any rate call when you get a chance

We killed an 8 year old ram on opening morning. Had a ton of fun, didnt see a ton of sheep, we didnt make it up on top of Jefferson. His ram was a flared out really heavy(15 6/8 bases)ram. He wasnt the 170+ ram we hoped for but my father in law was very happy with him.

Good job! I am counting the days and November 20 could not come fast enough! I hiked up to the South Peak with my son, saw some Rams and had a great time with him a couple of weeks ago but I have heard that for the late season hunt, due to the snow they will come down so might not have to do that climb again. Any pics of the Ram that you care to share with us?

59167img20161016071247.jpg

22993img20161015213306.jpg

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom