16a accessibility

nmhuntr

I drew a hunt in 16a and I was wondering how accessible it is for a lifted travel trailer. Are camping spot easily found?

Thanks

Access is not a problem at all. I had a 16A tag last year and saw lots of travel trailers as well as a few motor homes. BTW, what season did u draw?

I ended up with a 16A late season rifle tag and was wondering about accessibility as well.

A couple questions for the forum:

Is there a need for an atv to get off the road to get closer to the "good stuff?"

Does the area lend itself to glassing from a distance?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-13 AT 10:14AM (MST)[p]>I ended up with a 16A
>late season rifle tag and
>was wondering about accessibility as
>well.
>
>A couple questions for the forum:
>
>
>Is there a need for an
>atv to get off the
>road to get closer to
>the "good stuff?"
>
>Does the area lend itself to
>glassing from a distance?

I understand the forest service will announce the new travel management plan in a few months. It won't affect this years hunt. The last thing I want is to walk in being aware of noise, wind direction etc, have my target in sight only to have someone ride in on an ATV and mess it up. I guess it is allowed but the reason the Good Stuff is where it is I believe is because people don't drive in there. Off road for game retrieval I get and don't have a real problem with.

>
>I understand the forest service will
>announce the new travel management
>plan in a few months.
>It won't affect this years
>hunt. The last thing I
>want is to walk in
>being aware of noise, wind
>direction etc, have my target
>in sight only to have
>someone ride in on an
>ATV and mess it up.
>I guess it is allowed
>but the reason the Good
>Stuff is where it is
>I believe is because people
>don't drive in there. Off
>road for game retrieval I
>get and don't have a
>real problem with.

I completely agree with this. My experience in Wyoming camping and sleeping 5+ miles away from the private land we could hunt made the question come up in my mind.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom