17 AZ Bonus Points

J

JJTMD

I am a long time Resident of AZ. I have 17 bonus points for elk. I have my favorite units but was just wondering if any of you guys or gals, had any input to where I should apply.

I harvested a bull in 1992 that went 360". I have been applying for units 1,3a&3c, and 9. I think that I'm on the right track. In the past couple years I have just applied for the good ____. The max BPs is 19, with 2 people, then 18 with like 6 people and then me with like 24 others.

Am I on the right track? How long till you think I get drawn? And I'm sure the next thing you are thinking is, How big of bull you want to get?......Just like everyone else 400+......but if a 380 steps out....DONE.

With that many points, a good tag is in your near future, like next season. With that many points, I would skip 1 and add 10.
As far as what unit, I think I would look at which one I could spend the most time scouting.
Do you live closer to either unit ?
Do you have any close friends that live close to, or have recently hunted either unit ?
All other things being equal, the unit that you can gather the most information on will turn out to be ?your? best unit.

Stick with the very best unit that you're familiar and can do the most proficient scouting in. You've got to draw in the next year or couple. Keep at it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom