180"???? Really??

None of the guys claimed he was a 180 deer somebody just labeled it as that on the video. The guys on the video called it a good management deer its a nice 25"wide 3 point probably score 155 to 160.

Man what a wilderness hunt I wonder how far down the hill they'll have to drag him to get to the road.

I'll bet its close. If it had a couple big G3's it would go high 190's. IMO

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

Hit Hard on the first Shot My Ass!

Go ahead!

Nuke Me!

"""Supporting Speed Limits doesn't make You Anti Car"""

No & You'll never Fix STUPID or WACKO'S by changing Gun Laws You Dumb BITTCH!

I would put that buck real close to 180. And I am a scoring expert, as I won the scoring contest put on by monarchtaxidermy LOL. Speaking of which, anyone know if he is putting it on again this yr?

I guarantee Yellum has seen more big Mulieys than I will in my lifetime so I will yield to what I believe is a greater knowledge. I must have got lucky in the scoring contest I ended up in the top 10. I still can't get him over 160. I will agree the first shot was bad. A good deer no matter what he scores.

>I would put that buck real
>close to 180. And I
>am a scoring expert, as
>I won the scoring contest
>put on by monarchtaxidermy LOL.
>Speaking of which, anyone know
>if he is putting it
>on again this yr?

not anymore cause some people had to complain about a deer that some kid shot. they said it was to small to mount so thanks to the a-holes no more contest or great mounts to look at...

The second shot wasn't much better as it hit the spine way back at midsection! I didn't figure what is very close to a 3x3 could score as well as you guys say he does, but I'd have shot him where I hunt whether somebody says he'sa management deer or not!

Maybe it is just me, but I thought the first shot looked pretty good, or at least better than it apparently was. I was surprised to see him getting around as well as he did.

As for the second shot: Way to get him down! Over 250 yards on the move, you gotta be glad to drop him with any shot, especially with a bullet in him already.

I would agree that he is not a 180 buck, but I like him and would say he would be the biggest buck many hunters have ever seen.

I'm going with Yelum on this one as well. I think he's pushin the 180 mark. I dare bet when Yelum saw this buck he thought of a very similar buck we both have sheds from. The buck was usually a 3x3 but one year he was a 3x4 and I believe he went in the 180 range even with just a little G3 like this buck has. I really like the way those BIG fronts look on a buck even if he is missing the 3's.

NvrEnuf

LAST EDITED ON Jan-26-13 AT 10:23AM (MST)[p]I think it could be close to 170 gross. I freind of mine shot a 3x3 that looks "a lot" like that buck that was 175 net. The buck he shot had much more mass than the one in the video.

no hes not 180

who farted?

Assume the buck has 26' MB and 12' G4's and lets even give him 20' mass per side, which I think he's a little shy of. To get to 180, this buck would have to have 20 inch G2's. Heck of a pretty buck, but probably 10 inches shy of 180. It also don't help that he doesn't have G1's. This buck is a great example of why you should throw score out the window, and be happy to harvest a great buck.

That is a beautiful buck that I would guess right around 170". I love the mass even if he is only a 3x4. Congrats to the hunter.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Winchester Apex .50 Cal
Mathews Drenalin LD

>Maybe it is just me, but
>I thought the first shot
>looked pretty good, or at
>least better than it apparently
>was. I was surprised
>to see him getting around
>as well as he did.
>
>
>As for the second shot: Way
>to get him down! Over
>250 yards on the move,
>you gotta be glad to
>drop him with any shot,
>especially with a bullet in
>him already.
>
>I would agree that he is
>not a 180 buck, but
>I like him and would
>say he would be the
>biggest buck many hunters have
>ever seen.

I agree. Nice second shot anchoring the deer.

kind of a deceiving deer. has pretty long mains and huge 4ths. and pretty good mass. i came up with 170s on my estimate i dont thin kit quite hits 180.

> kind of a deceiving deer.
>has pretty long mains and
>huge 4ths. and pretty good
>mass. i came up with
>170s on my estimate i
>dont thin kit quite hits
>180.

+1, Great buck regardless, congrats to the hunter.

I should have pointed out that I wasn't trying to bag on the guys great buck...just on what the score allegedly was.

I'd still shoot him!

I have a buck that's a twin too that but mine is a 3x3. 28 inches wide w 22 inch main beams. Mine has 2 inch eye guards. I never have had him scored and don't really care. Mine was a oregon private property buck. It looks good on the wall.congrats to the shooter.
Ryan

With some of the scores Ive seen on this forum Id bet there are a few guys here that would put him at 190.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom