1969 Ford F-100 price range

rancher05

I have a 1969 ford truck with a 390 engine and it only has 93,000 original miles. two tone blue and white with nice rims and I still have the origial rims with hubcaps as well. My grandpa bought it brand new and gave it to me eight years ago. I've been contemplating on selling it because I don't drive it much any more. It's only a 2-wheel drive but has positrack in the rear. The transmission is starting to slip and i'm thinking it's because its been sitting for the last couple of years, so the tranny needs to be replaced or rebuilt. How much do you think that truck is worth? when the tranny was working great a few years ago I was offered $6,000.00 for it but turned it down. any ideas on how much it's worth?

My truck is at my parents house 300 miles away so i'm hoping to get some pic's soon.

Keep it, you'll wish you did later................
You will more than likely blow the money anyway!

Tough economy out there, not too many looking to pick up ;-) on old gas hogs. With that bad tranny, as is, you're going to have a tough time getting any serious buyers at all. If you pay to get it fixed, you're not going to net all that much in a sale.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but my opinion is If you could get a couple grand out of it i think you'd be doing good. Good luck.

Joey

I bought a '79 I believe, 3 speed on the column 2wd ..oh maybe it was 8 years ago now or less. It was solid and clean. Paid 1K for it. Wish I still had it but that's another story.

498a6f395e505405.jpg

NOT BEING RUDE!!!

BUT WHO THE HELL OFFERED YOU 6K FOR IT???

MY DAD BOUGHT ONE BRAND NEW IN 1970 JUST ABOUT LIKE WHAT YOU HAVE,FORD F-1OO XLT FRICKEN GAS HOG GUTLESS 390 ENGINE WITH THE TOUGHEST C-6 TRANNY I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

MY DAD PAID 3700.00 BRAND SPANKIN NEW!!!

I'M GONNA GIVE THAT TRUCK TWO CREDITS:::

TWAS THE SMOOTHEST RIDING TRUCK I'VE EVER BEEN IN TO DATE!!!

AS I SAID ABOVE,THE TOUGHEST AUTO TRANNY I'VE EVER SEEN!!!

I WON'T TELL YOU WHAT KIND OF ABUSE THE TRANNY COULD TAKE CUZZ NONE OF YOU'D BELIEVE ME ANYWAY!!!

390'S CAN BE BUILT TO RUN!!!

BUT THEM STOCK 390'S ARE THE THIRSTIEST GUT HEAPS AROUND,TALK ABOUT PUT SOME FUEL AWAY!!!

I LIKE THE 78-79 FORD 4X4'S MYSELF!!!

6K???

THAT SOB WOULDA BEEN HISTORY ON THE SPOT!!!

THE 69-70-71 2 WHEEL DRIVE FORDS WILL NEVER BE MUCH!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

A guy from Tucson Arizona offered that to me. he buys old trucks fixes them up then sells them for huge profit. Your right bob cat, smoothest riding vehicle. seems pre mature for that trany to be going out but my grandpa pulled his 20 foot trailer with it. i'm sure more than half the miles are from pulling that trailer. you know how those old trailers are, heavy heavy. I'm not a 100% sure it is the trany it could be the linkage not allowing it to go into a certain gear. i would definately have to get a better diagnosis than my own. I think that was good advice to keep it because I probably would regret if i did.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom