2 Nice Bucks Down

muley4me

Well my dad and I arrived in camp around 2pm on Tuesday, after setting up camp we went out to see the country. We have never hunted the area and thanks to the help of azbiggame (Bruce) and some friends pointing us in the right area we saw several does and fawns.
We hunted Wednesday and passed up several basket sized 3 points and forked horns. My dad hunted mostly from the road due to him having spent over a month in the hospital after having chemo-therapy for Leukemia. Thursday morning we spotted a 4 point not too far from the dirt road. My dad was within seconds of putting a hole through the buck. I then spotted a larger buck about 400 yards up the hill. It didn't take long for my dad to change his mind. One buck down, 21 inch wide, 4 inch bases, 3x3. Nice mature buck. We spent the rest of the day taking care of my dad?s buck.
My cousin show?s up in camp on Thursday night and we set out Friday morning. Again, I passed up some smaller bucks, then I spot a deer 3 miles away, below tree line. After putting the spotting scope on the deer, I see he is a nice buck. Off we go, luckily the road was at the base of the mountain, but the rest was straight up.
My cousin spots a white rear end. I move a bit and find out it's the same buck. I see he is heavy with eye guards and a mature buck. One shot at 183 yards, following a blood trail downhill for 100 yards, there he is. What a HOG. I guess he would be around 250 on the hooves, 6-7 year old buck looking at the shape of his teeth. He is 20 inches wide, 5 inch bases, 3x2.
My dad and I want to thank you Bruce for the advice.

Dad's Buck
763img_5099.jpg

6476img_5097.jpg

My Buck
9368img_5114.jpg

7030img_5112.jpg

2981img_5126.jpg

9248img_5123.jpg

That'll work! Congrats to you guys and it's good to hear your Dad is out hunting. I'm sure he'd much rather be in the mountains that in the hospital.

Steve
T&A Inspector

Great job, thanks for sharing the pics.
Sounds like you had a great hunt, isn't it awesome when people are willing to help out.
AZ big game, Bruce, has been very helpful to me also, he is a good guy.

Is Bruce with Silver Grand Outfitters? I recall Bruce giving me a pointer or two when I asked for help with my Area 10 Muzzy hunt.

Steve
T&A Inspector

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom