2 questions (get your popcorn)

bayside

Question #1. What's the farthest shot you've taken and made a clean kill.

Question #2. What's the farthest shot you would take with these conditions; deer is in a clearing feeding, standing broadside, flat shot, no wind.

This should help get through these cold january days.

Geezus bayside why ya gotta confuse me?? }>

Furthest shot on a buck shooting traditionally (no sights, release, ect) was around 45 to 50 yards, he went less than 20 yards and piled up. Only killed 1 deer with sights, that was 82 yards according to the rangefinder.

~Z~

To me this post begs the question "At what distances have you made bad hits on animals?"
"At what distances have you missed?" (Missing is better and worse. Better you didn't wound but worse in the fact that you were even more off than you should be.)

Watched my buddy the other day zip one at 71yards thru the boiler house! Ive think it was about max for him, and the conditions perfect. BH1

51 yards and out to 70. The last bad hit I had was an 18 yard shot. He turned from broadside to quartering in right as I released. Arrow entered the ribs but due to the angle, it burried in his off side hip. Gave him 3 hours and he didn't go more than 100 yards. TJ

I guess 25 yards is the farthest I've ever shot at a critter the thrill for me is seeing how close I can get. I practice out to 75 yards just incase I had to hit him again.

WELL the longest shot I have taken and made a good clean kill is 78 yds but i have also made a bad shot with a questionable kill at 20 yds ,, with the condiditions you described I myself would feel very comfortable makeing a shot out to 80 yds. I say that because of the way I practice and out west that is how we have to hunt so I practice at 80 even 100yds to hit a pie plate , and when I can hit that pie plate at those distances 3or4 times in a row I feel im good to go.We dont need to bring up the ethical kill argument < we all have a opinion on that one . But as I say since i practice for that at the range in the field (with my 3d targets) and using my bowcoach I am confident in my ability and my equipment that whatever I pull the trigger on will die quick .
pse x-force gx 70lb
400gr radial x weaves
2 blade rage
355fps 125 kn

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle." General John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, US Army
"Most men go through life wondering if they made a difference, Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Regan

1. 73yds Muley
2. 70yds.... with alot of practice and a new z7 ;)(do those conditions ever really exist)

Well it started at 50 and then at 70 all i could see was his neck and head with one already in him i let it fly and he went about 20 yards. They dont go far when they have a 2" hole in the wind pipe! This year i will have 120 pin. Hate me i really dont care.

#1 20 yds, not the best hit but he died in sight within 75 yds.

#2 30 yds, but i missed a bunch at that or inside that distance.

No sight, no release, no fancy arrow rest. I think even Barta could outshoot me! :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom