2004 Lope Bucks

berto

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-16-04 AT 03:55PM (MST)[p]i know i'm pathetic, but i finally got the film developed...
AAntelope.jpg

on opening day of the antelope rifle season i took my 11-inch buck with my 6 year old daughter by my side. she was in on the sneak, the "fast-walk" toward the herd as they spooked and "j-hooked" right into us thanks to the cattle you can see in the background. as soon as the herd j-hooked toward us i told my daughter to sit down behind me and *boom* it was all over from 200 yards. my daughter had a great time and i hope to bring her along next time i draw a tag.

JAntelope.jpg

on the last day of the antelope rifle season i guided my wife into her first big game animal, a 10.5-inch lope. It took half a day to even find a buck that still had horns, but we did find one and made a good sneak on it. my wife even made the last 15 feet of the sneak on her own and took her buck with one shot through the heart at about 200 yards, i was really impressed! she told me after we walked up to her buck and snapped some pics that the hunt was really fun, and she even field dressed it herself. of course, i saved her the pain in the neck of dragging an antelope with really loose horns since there isn't much else to hold onto by throwing it over my shoulders and hiking back to the car. too bad the camera had some issues, but we salvaged a couple photos anyway. i am hopeful she'll want to continue to apply and chase lopes in the future if we are fortunate enough to draw tags.

Very nice indeed! What a wonderful time you had together as a family. Now all that's left is all that fine eating!

Thanks for sharing.

Aaron,
Congratulations on the nice 'Lope and also the one of your wife's too.
Now if you had the other girl and your son in these pictures you would have had the whole happy family out there together.

Great pictures and thanks for posting, give my regards to the family and have a great Turkey Day.

Brian

speaking of the other two kids, here they are with my buck after it was skinned.

AAntelopewith2otherkids.jpg

They got into it too, but not until we came home from the hunt. that'll change as they get a bit older. for now, my wife and i just leave a few crackers and a bowl of water out on the kitchen floor while we're off hunting and these two do fine on their own ;-)

Sorry I havent got to this forum sooner! NIce job Aaron! Looks like we both did well with the wives this year! That is awesome you had your daughter along with you too!
Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom