2009 wyoming archery elk

wyo_bulls

Well I got back from my archery elk hunt and connected on a nice bull. Sorry about the pics in advance. I usually don't carry a camera with me as it is bad luck to do so! Any how I got him Friday evening and was dark by the time I went to follow up the trail. With all the heat we are having in September and in order to wrestle him around I halved him and did all I could do to save the meat with the warm nights we have been having.

4ab8fadd71739276.jpg

4ab8fb0872bd239d.jpg

4ab8fb84759de786.jpg

Well I will do a pedestal mount but will have to find a cape. It was just to hot and wasn't prepared to keep the meat clean if I was to cape it out then. So I made a decesion to get the meat cooled out as best as I can that night and get back in there the next morning to pack out. Oh, after boning it out I recovered 2 seperate broadheads from this elk. One in the front shoulder which looked to be there for a long time and another from the backstraps that looks to me someone just flung an arrow as whomever shot that shot has no respect for the animal. Looks like he took a shot while the elk was walking away and to me looks like he just lobbed the shot from a long distance. the shaft was nearly straight up and done in the backstraps (not in bone) with it broke off right at the skin and penetrated about 4".

Hell of a bull!

Easy on the "no respect" stuff, you never know the circumstances surrounding something like that.

Again, congratulations, he's beautiful.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-22-09 AT 01:12PM (MST)[p]That is one heck of a bull! Congratulations.
He is just beautiful.
That is one tough Bull to have 2 other broadheads in him. I am glad you are the one that got him.

Nice bull. Looks like where I've hunted in the Big Horns. One of those archery only tag area's I'm guessing?

Tree,

Your right on the "no respect" I just am a bit on the upset side as I saw two other bulls walking around in the area that had arrows sticking out of them, they seemed to be doing fine, but not a pretty site with arrows sticking out of them... It just seems to me that there are more and more people who fling arrows hoping to either get lucky or slow the elk down. But I do understand that there is circumstances that end up bad and the shot don't go as you would like it too.

Great Bull... looks like incredible country. Love the typical bulls. Good mature bull.

Midnight

Love this bull - congrats.

My brother once shot high on a deer, hit a tree limb and the arrow deflected down into the top of ass. The deer bled out and we found him with only a few inches of penetration. Could not believe that shot killed the buck.

Man, I keep coming back to look at this bugger, he's a dandy. One of the best looking bulls I've ever seen.

He's a toad I like the shape of his rack he gots a lot of character in that rack Good job and thanks for sharing..

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Thanks to everyone on the nice comments! I have to say I was blessed to harvest such a nice animal but even more blessed to do it with my Dad up in camp again. We both had a great hunt and time together. And Dad did get him a nice young bull for the freezer!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom