2011 Barbary

khart

Well I didn't kill the sheep I had scouted a few months prior, but I got a heck of a ram. This is the sheep I was looking for.

P1010814.jpg

I was hunting with Paul & Zach (as usual) and Zach spotted a sheep moving away from us quickly at about 250 yds. I could tell he was a good ram so I got set up and took a quartering away shot...clean miss. We decided to split up to see if we could locate him. Paul went one way and I took Zach. After about an hour I spotted him bedded with his head down only 200 yds away. I initially thought I must have hit him on the first shot and thought he was dead. When he lifted his head I said "oh $hit" and told Zack to hand me the shooting sticks. I nailed him and he reared back on his hind legs then face planted on the rocks. He stood up so I hit him again and that put him down for good. He's 31" with 13 1/4" bases. Thanks to Paul and Zach for a memorable day. They have to be the best hunting buddies anyone could have.--Kevin

2011Kevinssheep001-Copy.jpg

P1030593-Copy.jpg

P1030596-Copy.jpg

P1030608-Copy.jpg

P1030614-Copy.jpg

P1030615-Copy.jpg

Nice pics.Awesome barbary, looks like you guys know how to knock sheep down.Congrats to you and your huntin buddies. Good job

WOW!! Someday Tailgunner and I will figure out how to find and kill one of these elusive sheep! That is Awesome! Good job!

Thats a smoker of a ram, great job brotha! Paul and Zach(LETS NOT FORGET MRS NMPAUL EITHER) don't know how to just hunt them barbary, they are savages in the wilds of NM.They need to get cards that say"have game,will hunt" cuz that family is scary lethal...KHART Congrats on your trophy too and you must be liven right....cuz you have some great friends and I gotta say karma is real as you have helped many a guy yourself , its nice to see one of the good guys score a dooozy!

Awesome ram Kevin! Gonna show dad these pics so he knows what we're looking for! I think we have a plan now... Lol.

They just do not get much better than that. This ram was one of those few times that he just kept getting bigger and bigger as we walked up to him.

Just another awesome memory to file away. We have been super lucky to be with Kevin when he has taken some awesome animals.

If I talk myself into it I will post up what we (me, Kevin and Zach) are calling our "Epic Fail" hunt from this last week.

jeez, that thing is a hammer! Great Job Guys---what a tank

Paul, that boy of yours is a regular sheep huntin machine!

congrats on one hell of a Barber

Awesome ram Khart! Here is another nearly 31 incher we killed yesterday!

920630_inch.jpg

Wow Kevin! What an awesome ram. Congrats on a magnificient trophy. Great job on the pics as usual. I think I've stared at this thread for the last 20 minutes! lol

Paul, please post pics of Zach's sheep. I'd love to see them. I think any Barbary is a trophy and you guys should be proud!

Congrats again,
Travis

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom