2011 Lion

ARROWHNTR

Well after 9 years of putting in for a tag I finaly got to chase a lion with a bow in hand. We headed out sunday for what was to be the begining of a winter full of early mornings, and long days.

The morning started off pretty slow with no fresh tracks crossing the roads, so we laced up the boots and started hiking. After several miles of hiking and the only fresh track being a bear we cut a day old lion track. We dumped on it but the dogs got up in the dry stuff and while trying to work the track stumbled on a bobcat track and ended up catching it in a deep cave where we couldnt even see it.

As we pulled the dogs off the bobcat and were getting ready to start them back on the lion the other guys in our group called us to tell us they had cut a big fresh lion track right up the canyon from us.

We headed that way and dumped the dogs on the track, they took off like they were on fire and the race was on. They chased the cat hard and fast about 2 miles down the canyon and had him treed.

We got to the tree to find this Relly nice Tom, and even though it was our first day out I couldnt pass on him. One shot with the recurve and he was down. Unfortunatly he died in the river making for rough pictures!

KodyLion2.jpg

Kodylion3.jpg

Congrats on the nice Tom. Hope I get one that big up a tree so I can punch my tag.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-23-11 AT 06:44AM (MST)[p]Thanks for the coments guys, Yes I am going to have him life sized I can't wait to see him done because he died in the river I never got to see him close up dry, but he is a really good Tom nice head long body and tail!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom