2011 Wyoming Antelope trip

oregonmuley

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-11-11 AT 02:14PM (MST)[p]Well, I just got back from my trip over to central Wyoming, like usual I tend to pick the worst possible weather when I'm there.

My first day - Friday it rained on and off all day so I just sort of looked over how all the antelopes looked and what the average size was, which was pretty close to what it always is for that area.

Anyway, got up Saturday morning to lovely rain and probably 40 mile winds, it had rained all night so the roads where a mess which kind of made it tough. Even walking was nasty since the mud stuck to your boots like crazy.

But got lucky and found this buck with his does, I'm pretty sure I had seem him the night before and thought he looked pretty good.
Anyway, was able to get into about 100 yards of him and his does, made a good shot with my new .243Win on him and also a doe and that was that. Got my 2nd doe later that afternoon so not bad for a muddy antelope hunt.

Buck is right at about 14 3/4 on the long side, 14 1/2 on the other and decent mass & prongs with nice ivory tips on both sides.

90412011wy_buck.jpg

3272011_wy_buck_3.jpg

29482011_wy_buck_4.jpg

Congrats Frank on the nice Lope Buck once again. Same unit as in the past I take it?
I will be back there again next year in Wyo miss it this year and will be leaving here in 8 days for Colo for deer. Had to return my NV tag for Deer due to GOUT in my right foot and it still is not the best but can walk a lot better now with some pain, so will see how it goes on Oct 22nd the start of 2nd season deer in COLO.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Brian,
Yes same place - I'll send you an email maybe later today or tomorrow. I picked up some good info this year regarding both antelope and deer in the area, the folks that run the campground in town now have some land in the unit you guys hunting.
Anyway, I'll send you some info.

Heck of nice goat! I was leaving out of casper on that Thursday as that rain and wind was coming in, boy was that a fun drive.

Nice goat!! It was in the 80's the week before and sunny no wind at all, could'nt believe it was Wyoming.

Thanks for the kind words - they sure are interesting little critters, already counting the days until next years hunt:)

I'm only getting about 75 +/- 1 maybe. Kinda deceiving one even for antelopes, the long tops made this one even tougher to field judge when I saw him, but I'm happy with this one.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom