2013 antelope

elkliver

I'm totally green when it comes to Wyoming but am looking for a unit to go hunting in for 2013 antelope. I am hoping someone can answer some general questions and then i'll do my homework from there. I'm looking for a unit that i can draw with zero points and has plenty of public land opportunity for antelope. Trophy animals not required. If past research was right(and i wish i wrote it down), there are units with plenty of tags where a person can draw an antelope tag and then buy several additional doe tags. Are there units that meet this requirement? I'm hoping that someone can throw out 5-6 possible unit numbers and then i will do all the homework from there. PM me if you don't want to throw the numbers out on the internet

I'm just trying to narrow my search down a bit as i don't know much about Wyoming. Any help would be appreciated.

A delorme map and a google search of the Wyoming Game and Fish department is about all you need.

The draw odds in regard to points are there. The unit boundary maps are there. The hunter management areas/walk in areas are listed there.

The delorme will give you a good, quick idea as to the breakdown of private/public.

Its how I start my basic research.

It used to be as you stated, but now it is not as easy to do that on areas with large public land holdings. You might want to start looking from the doe tag availability on leftovers with public land to limit your areas then decide if you are willing to pay the special fee for a buck tag or not or if you are willing to pay the higher draw fee for doe tags? Paying the special fee for a buck tag might make this doable, but as them being separate draws you might or might not end up with both tags as planned (depending on tag numbers after this winter).

If you really want to do this, you could go to an area with little public ground and get some leftovers and try to do a trespass fee hunt.

The third option would be to actually hunt two different areas for bucks and does depending on availability, leftovers, the draw...It only takes a few hours to drive half way across the state!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom