2015 Colorado Hunting Season Success.

2f350s

Some years are just better than others; it rained every morning and every evening coating all my vehicles and gear in layers of thick mud, but I can hardly complain about this year.

76952015elkhunt077.jpg

73492015bear.jpg

2f350s: Spend the money on additional licenses and HUNT more!

Congrats on a great year! I've got to get serious about getting a bear one of these years. What's the story on your animals?

Thanks fella's I didn't know these finally got posted.
The elk was shot Sunday afternoon, when walking along a ridge I saw the bull stand up to stretch out of his bed, he bedded quickly and the waiting game started. I was hunting with a buddy and left to go get him and we both returned 3pm and waited for the evening to come when it would stand up to go to water. Sure enough two elk stood up, I offered my bud the first shot at the closest bull 381 yards but he passed, so I dropped him with an 8mm Mag. Then after packing out a friends bull, went hunting for bear and found the bear sunning itself on a big flat rock, thought it was a bedded elk but when it rolled over realized what it was. Laid down and put the 8mm mag to work again at 320 yards across a canyon.
We had four guys in camp and scored three bulls and the bear, one fella can't walk well so he didn't get anything, but still went home with meat. Our 2015 camp's hunt went like this:
Saturday drove to camp
Sunday 4x4 elk shot
Monday 4x4 elk packed out
Tuesday 5x6 elk shot
Wednesday morning 5x6 elk packed out
Wednesday afternoon bear shot
Thursday bear packed out
Friday 6x6 elk shot
Friday 6x6 elk packed out
Saturday drive home
Sunday cut meat for hours!

2f350s: Spend the money on additional licenses and HUNT more!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom