2016 hunt dates

31incher

Anybody have an idea on when they archery hunt might start/end in 2016? Seems like it would either start the 13 or 20th of august but the 13th seem way early. I know everythin is based off the general rifle elk hunt,which is always the first saturday in October. Next year the first saturday in october is the 1st. So does that mean the archery hunt would start the 13th?

I'm curious too, more so for the general season muzzy elk dates.

If general rifle elk were to open OCT 1, that would meen general rifle deer would open Oct 15, which seems too early.

I checked the DWR 2016 calendar, but its not populated yet.

I might be wrong but I have always believed that the dates are all set off the rifle deer hunt. With it always ending on the last Sunday in October. So that would start archery on the 20th.

Don't be afraid to live for fear of dieing.

I hope its the 20th. Im looking pretty good at drawing a archery elk tag next year and those dates would be alot more friendly

LE archery elk will end second Saturday in September. Each year it creeps up a day, then every seventh year will go back seven days. So for us archers the dates won't improve till 2019. I'm in the same boat. Each year there's several posts saying next year the dates should be better, but they don't have a clue when that 7 day swing actually takes place.

>LE archery elk will end second
>Saturday in September. Each
>year it creeps up a
>day, then every seventh year
>will go back seven days.
> So for us archers
>the dates won't improve till
>2019. I'm in the
>same boat. Each year
>there's several posts saying next
>year the dates should be
>better, but they don't have
>a clue when that 7
>day swing actually takes place.
>

Well if thats true i guess i might just have to put in for muzzy

>LE archery elk will end second
>Saturday in September. Each
>year it creeps up a
>day, then every seventh year
>will go back seven days.
> So for us archers
>the dates won't improve till
>2019. I'm in the
>same boat. Each year
>there's several posts saying next
>year the dates should be
>better, but they don't have
>a clue when that 7
>day swing actually takes place.
>

Lang, you are forgetting leap years move the day of the week 2 days on leap year so it doesn't take 7 years. As mentioned above Archery starts on the 3rd Saturday in August so it will be Aug 20th next year. I think there will be some point creep in some of the units for Archery tags. All my friends that would have drawn a bonus tag this year didn't apply this year because next year will have much better dates. I'm guessing many others did the same so I wouldn't be surprised if some archery hunts take 1 point higher to draw next year than they do this year.

+1 ElkManDan

The archery hunt always starts the third Saturday in August and will be the 20th in 2016.

Cheers,
Pete

Yep the hunt will end on the 16th of Sept. next year. It will be the best dates archers will see for another 7 years.
Thought my buddy would draw with the hopes a bunch were holding out for next years dates. I keep forgetting most people aren't all that tuned into stuff like that the way most of us are.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom