22-250

NoDoe

I ordered a 22-250 today. I am looking for some advice on which powders to try first. Any pet loads would be helpful also.
Thanks alot Don

a great shooting 22-250 load is IMR4895 34.5 gr. sierra 52gr. hpbt match bullet and cci bench rest primer. just play with bullet seating depth, mine likes about 15 thou. jump to the lands. a gunsmith buddy gave me this load a few years back and it shoots great in just about all of the 22-250 that have gave it a try. ce61

My 22-250 is a Tikka; it shoots everything well. For accuracy it likes IMR 4350. I only get 3350 fps. with 50 gr. bullets (like that's not enough). Best all around load is H380. 380 is ball powder so the the powder dump makes loading quick and easy.

Mine likes Varget and 55 gr. V-max's...

Group is really .23 not .13
v-max-1.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

My old Rem.700 22-250 likes Hornady 55 gr spirepoint, with CL, and 35 gr of IMR 4320 and CCI 200 primers. One jagged hole. Velocity right around 3500 fps. (24" barrel)

CL is cannlure. The ridge around the center of a bullet, for crimping. I never crimp, and seldom seat them deep enough to us it, but just have used this bullet a long time, with excellent results

My 22-250 load is as old as the hills. it is 38.0 grains of H380 and a 55 grain BT.

No doubt their are loads that will gain you fps, but the 380/22-250 duo is still a good one.

My 22-250 load is as old as the hills. it is 38.0 grains of H380 and a 55 grain BT.

No doubt their are loads that will gain you fps, but the 380/22-250 duo is still a good one. What he said

Bruce Hodgdon would be proud REDDOG :)

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Thanks everone, H380 will be what I try first. I recently found out that Bruce Hodgdon named H380 because 38.0 was the perfect load for his 22 Varminter ( 22-250 ). Pretty cool trivia a.
Don

Been reloading for just over a year. Have gotten great advice from guys on this website. I started out with Varget and then went to H380. Recently I used up the rest of my Varget and couldn't remember why I switched in the first place. I shot my best group with 35 grains of Varget,55 gr. Nosler B-tip,CCI primer. Overall lenth was .017 off the lands. This was out of a Savage 22-250. It's funny you do all that tinkering and find out that your favorite loads end up being the same as most everybody else. Like others mentioned my favorite H380 load is 38 grains. Thats interesting to hear how it was named. Who would of known.:) Both great powders.
.214"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/Elkoholic/robspics008-1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom