22 Bird Shot & It's Uses???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
The Thread in the Classifieds with BLACK_PREDATOR & Nicky got me Thinking!

Wondering if Y'all's gonna CowBoy-Up & tell us what You've used the 22 BirdShot for over the years?

I've never had any or shot any of it!

Did look at it several times over the years at Sporting Goods Stores & decided Long Ago,If I'm gonna shoot BirdShot it's gonna be out on My 12 Gauge,not this little PISSCUTTER 22 Shell!

A Local here several years ago had a Rat/Mouse Problem inside His House & tried His Hand at the Ole BirdShot!

Little Bastards kept Sneaking out from underneath his Water Heater!

He was Ready!

Took Aim & Bang!

He hit an Aerosol Can of some type that was right in front of the Water Heater(Dumb place for an Aerosol Can!)Punctured the Can,the Gas Water Heater provided the Ignition,the Rat run off & the House Burnt down!

So Boys!

Post your Uses & Experiences up with this JUNK Ammo!

I'll be waiting Impatiently for Nicky's Reply!:D:D:D

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

When you tell the neighbor his cattle are on your land and he does nothing to fix it, well that .22 shot will push them back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought my first (and last) box of bird shot when I was 11 or 12. It wouldn't even kill a chippy bird at 10'. I was sick about wasting the money. It still haunts me even now.:)

Eel

I no longer have a bat problem in the shed. I also have no holes in the roof of the shed. Only problem is there are multiple bat corpses in the shed.

Great for rats and mice in the barn or the basement.
Good on snakes on the trail.
Black Widows don't like it either.
At 10', I doubt it will break an egg.
Anything beyond that and you are just using the noise.

I have a pistol in the barn loaded with it and one in truck when I take the dogs swimming.

"If you get upset or offended by ANY website forum
post.....especially mine, you need serious
intervention!"

If you ever visit Minnesota, bring some! It works great on the mosquitos up there :)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

>If you ever visit Minnesota, bring
>some! It works great on
>the mosquitos up there :)
>
>
>Mntman

I think they're the same bred as the ones in Canada. A guy better have at least a 20 ga to kill those mosquitos!

Reality:
I've use several of them (10-20) with poor results on small critters. I don't like using something that doesn't work for me and my application. Maybe newer stuff works better. I used the old crimped stuff and maybe they forgot the BB's!
Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-13 AT 12:35PM (MST)[p]I've used it on squirrels and snakes. When we lived in Texas we would mainly use it to shoot rattlers that had gotten in the cattle corrals.

EASY nfh!:D

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-13 AT 09:03AM (MST)[p]>Use it on UTARDS toooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>Got to keep them inbreds
>in line!!!!!

Just when I thought we were all getting along so well.....lol
Zeke

>I use it to kill rats
>around my chicken coop.
>When the dog sees me bust
>out the .22 it's GAME
>ON!
>
>
> :)

I'll bet it does. Terriers live for the opportunity to hunt rodents.

I bought a box way back to use in a pistol for rattlers. Shot at one snake at six feet and only pissed it off. Then switched to 357mag snake loads and got the job done without needing to get within striking distance:)

I can see from some of the posts how the 22 shot loads have some good uses. Just not for me.

))))------->

Last time I used .22 bird load was in 1982 when I managed a restaurant in a harbor. The busboys and I would shoot rats after
hours that roamed the restaurant. It was pretty effective out to 10' and I didn't have to worry about damaging anything. I still have some in my gun safe.

When a chipmunk that the cat on the porch is playing with bolts through the door. Under these circumstances, it would have been better than the .22 long rifle that I chose instead? But, as they say, "Nothing parties like a rental."

>I bought a box way back
>to use in a pistol
>for rattlers. Shot at one
>snake at six feet and
>only pissed it off.

This was my experience.
Back in the day, filled a revolver with it and proceeded to empty it on a rattlers head at about 6 feet.
He was really mad until I fished regular .22 40 grain out and blew his head off.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom