22LR

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
I have a house full of kids that I want to begin to teach to shoot. I need to pick up a 22LR and don't have a lot to spend. I would like to get a bolt action because, like I said, I will be teaching my kids on this and don't think a semi-auto is a good choice in the hands of inexperienced shooters.

I have done some looking and see a lot of good feedback on the Savage Mark II, and at a very reasonable cost.

I have a couple of questions...

1) I am seeing at least two different models of the Mark II, the F and the G. What is the difference?

2) Might the Length of Pull of this model be an issues for small-framed youngsters?

3) Any other models I should be looking at of 22LR bolt action?

Thanks guys.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

I would give consideration to getting a Crickett 22lr single shot bolt action rifle. Their web site is www.crickett.com

Two of my grandsons have their bolt action 22lr and love them. single shot, bolt action and they have the shorter youth stock. You can find them going for $140.00 to $165.00 depending on the model, blue steel Vs. stainless steel.

What amazed me about them was their accuracy. both of the rifles my grandsons have will shoot 1/2" to 3/4" inch 5 shot groups at 50 yards with most 22lr ammo.

RELH

The difference in the "G" and "F" models is the "G" model has a hardwood stock while the "F" model has a plastic stock. They do make a "GY" model that is 2" shorter for youths. You can always get a longer stock or add a thicker recoil pad as the youngins grow.

They are really good shooting guns. They have no problem printing 2.5 MOA groups at 200 yards when fed their favorite ammo and with a good operator.

I bought the WMR version of the model 93F for my grandkids. It comes with the accutrigger and shoots nicely,they handle it pretty well. I put a caliber specific scope on it from Cabela's,they like it and is easy for them to shoot. The accuracy is also pretty good. I say go ahead and get one they will like it.

I have never owned the savage. But RELH speaks the truth, that little cricket is a good little rifle for a kid. Also one of my favorites is a marlin model 39, its a damn fine rifle...Hernry makes a good one too for less $$.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom