Old 22LR Favorites

hawkbill

Very Active Member
Everyone loves shooting 22 LR. Over the years there have been many fine rifles and pistols made, a lot of these guns have been handed down through time. I will see them pop up at our local pawn shop. These are a couple of my old favorites a Colt Woodsman and a beautiful old Weatherby my Dad gave me. Let’s see what you like shooting new or old.
IMG_2948.jpeg
IMG_2946.jpeg
IMG_2945.jpeg

I have a Remington 512 that I bought from my grandpa. I've had it 28 years, he bought it in 1942, while still living south of the border. He was wanting to take a trip, and asked me if I would give him $600 for the sweet old gun. I did. When my uncles found out about it, there was some feelings. Grandpa didn't talk much. Life had not been kind to him, and he just got quiet. He did tell me a few stories, without giving a lot of details. He said there was an eagle stealing chickens, and they couldn't get it killed. He said an old pistol fighter (his words)was there one day when the eagle was around. He told the pistol fighter, "there's that eagle that's been stealing our chickens ". The old man said do you have a gun? He said, "yes, but just a .22, and it doesn't land" the old man said no problem. He said the old guy just tipped the gun up from his hip and killed the bird. Cool story for me.

I've Got an Old Model 1903!

It Was Superceded By The Model 63!

If This Old Beat Up Gun Could Talk It'd Have Some Good Tales!

If It Had Been Taken Care Of It'd Have Some Value To It!

The Ammo Is WINCHESTER AUTOMATIC 22 Which Is About Non Existent & High Dollar If You Do Find Some!

The Gun Looks Alot Like The Model 63!

You Wanna See Rough?

JUDAS!

Kinda Like This One Here:

IMG_1783.jpeg

IMG_1782.jpeg

This is my grandpas childhood friends gun. They used to shoot this on the way to school in Wyoming. His friend gifted this to me at 8-9 years old. My grandpas model 70 deer rifle is awesome but this sucker has got some serious history to it. A decade short of a 100 years old. Those two rifles and my grandpas model 11 Remington auto loader are my prized possessions.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom