22North Bull Elk-Az

Blackknight

Anyone out there that has info on this unit for Bull Elk. My two buddies put in for this unit and were fortunate to draw with no points. They have never hunted this area and any info would be much appreciated.

We hunted 22 South last year. Great hunt. Saw some amazing animals killed a 4X5. We saw several guys with nice Elk in Payson that hunted the 22 North side. They said they killed them at first light opening day. I have heard the landfill is a great area. Lots of hunters.

Are you hunting Archery Kaibab this year? I spoke with you last year. I've noticed that most of the area that we hunted last year was part of the Warm fire. My brothers and I are going to be part of the other 3,000 or so going up this year again.

You bet! How did you do last year. Clue me in who you are so that I can remember who you are? I think I know but give me some info. I sent you a PM also!

My nephew and 3 buddies did 3 out 4 on 22n in Dec last year after hauling out 3 bull in 3 days the 4th guy said he was done didn't want to go back into the area again for his chance at a bull. My nephew says that guy can't hunt with us no more.LOL

That hunt was my very first archery elk hunt about seven years ago and it was tough to say the least. I knew very little about the unit, and I ended up hunting about ten days without flinging a single arrow. I hunted 3 days without seeing a single elk (save the comments:)), but then the light turned on and all of the sudden I was into elk nonstop. I just could not connect. Anyway to answer your questions it was tough, cold, wet, snowing, and I hiked several miles daily into a wilderness area that held quite a few elk. Either way, I had a great time seeing a lot of animals and putting a lot of stalks on bulls. PM me if you want the info where I was finding them cuz I wont be archery elk hunting out their any time in the near future. It's a neat unit, but archery hunting at that time of year is tough...Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom