25aught6?

stinky

Folks,

The local shop has a 1917 Enfield that has been customized. It has an aftermarket plastic/fiberglass/composite stock of some sort w/a custom finish...a scope of some sort and a new bbl chambered in .25-06 for $400. It is a first class kind of a deal/gun....but it could be shot-out.

My shop's lay-away terms are very, very buyer friendly.

I already have a .243, which I consider to be my "Starter" rifle for my kids and although it shoots harder and faster it is not really any better an elk caliber than the .243....or is it?

I already have 1 1917 in .06 and I think that this gun would really compliment it. But, I've never really been sold on that caliber...if it was a .260, .270, .280 then I'd have it on hold.

What are your thoughts on the deal?
John 14:6

I would buy it..But it would be for a big bore build..The 1917 is a huge action, certainly wouldnt want it for a 25'06 but if a lot of the metal work is already done I dont see how you could go wrong..

1917s are sought after for big guns, seems like a fair price..Has the bottom metal been straightened? you know who made the stock?

REDDOG, I have a sporterized 1917 in 30-06 I'll make you a deal on if youre wanting a build project.

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup, I just stir it.[/font]

I like the 25-06, I just don't own one. But have shoot them a bit and I like what they do. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I love my 25-06. When my grandfather passed I was left a ruger no.1v in 25-06. This year due to my scope breaking on my lapua I hunted both deer and elk with it. I shot my elk at about 250 yards. When I shot she whirled and the bullet entered through one tenderloin and exited right in front of the other one, missing all the backstraps, and not even nicking the guts. She immediately began rolling down the hill and one more to the head and she was done. I spotted my deer at around 290 yards across the canyon. I got down on my pack and debated for a while on wether I wanted to shoot him or not. When I finally decided to shoot he was facing straight away from me with his neck off to the side. I put it right on his neck and touched it off. The gun recoils so light, that I was able to watch him drop in the scope. I used 100 grain corelocts for both.

Thanks NVB, but I'm in over my head now with the actions/barrels I have..Need to actually finish a few before moving on.

Unless its a winchester? I've got an eddystone and a remington collecting dust, may as well add a winchester too haha.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom