266 Muzzy buck

htnfool

LAST EDITED ON Oct-04-09 AT 07:36PM (MST)[p]A good buddy shot a 266 gross on opening day. I'll let him post the pics.

4ac96965092c9fef.jpg

Sorry guys I was respectfully asked to remove the pics. I was a little premature on the posting.

He will be featured at some point.

Happy hunting

I was wondering if this deer wasnt taken in 44 it opened Sept.15 I have been hunting in 45 since before it opened and havent seen any bucks in velvet for about 3 weeks now.Doesn't matter where he shot it though its gotta be one of the best shot in Idaho for a long time.If he did shoot it with a muzzy in a rifle season thats even better.Thanks for sharing the picture.

I think he shot it with a muzzy in a muzzy season, not a rifle season. The rifle tag doesn't open in 45 until the 15th. The unit wide 45 muzzy tag opened on the 1st. Saw a few of the hunters while I was elk hunting in there. Most said they hadn't seen any good bucks yet. I saw easily 5 shooters in my few days in the unit.

Kinda late to make a prediction, but I say this year unit 45 will produce more monster bucks because of the early weather. I had a rifle tag in the unit back in 2004 and it was 90 degrees the whole first 2 weeks of hunt and the deer were not moving at all. Got better towards the end of the hunt when the weather dropped into the 40's and 50's by the end of October.

This year, it is already in the low teens up there and now has a 1/2 foot of snow.

there are some nice bucks in Idaho, its just a combination of luck time and effort,as well as a wel place shot, cause we've all seen them it just depends on if we have the tag and hit'm.

I agree, it should be the best year in a long time. The snow on sunday had the deer up and moving around all day.If anyone has a tag they have the best chance in a long time to kill a monster buck.

Just wondering if that buck was killed on private land or if it was a public land kill. Regardless it is a fantastic buck, I would just think it would be hard to hide that big of a buck on public land for so many years, I know it happens, but not very often.

I saw a pic of this buck on the b&c website trophy watch "I think" (looked there again couldnt find it but i am sure i saw it somewhere) it said the testials were underdeveloped and it was still in question if it was a cactus buck or what, which sucks if that is the case the hunter or the buck wont get reckonised for the rack, please correct me if i am wrong on this

>I saw a pic of this
>buck on the b&c website
>trophy watch "I think" (looked
>there again couldnt find it
>but i am sure i
>saw it somewhere) it said
>the testials were underdeveloped and
>it was still in question
>if it was a cactus
>buck or what, which sucks
>if that is the case
>the hunter or the buck
>wont get reckonised for the
>rack, please correct me if
>i am wrong on this
>

I think you are correct and I also thought this was taken last year and not this year.

It was shot last year and from all the stuff I have heard about Senor Dallas, it was a unit 45 private land buck. Shot on his boss' property?? Just what I heard through the grape vine. .. .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom