27 days and counting (colo unit 76 ML tag)

colofireguy

Finally after 8 long years of applying I drew a colorado unit 76 muzzleloader tag! (I cant wait) I have already talked to Rocketman about the unit. If anyone else has information on this unit I would appreciate their help as well. Thanks

Have hunted 76 numerous times. Have spent many summers and fall hunting seasons running around Creede. Have not been in there for five years or so. Are you using a guide, if not, do you have horses?
Can be fairly tough hunting if you go deep into the wilderness. Hunting in this unit is awesome do to the fact you won't be bumping into alot of other hunters. If you hear a bugle chances are an elk made it. What area do you plan to hunt. Send me a PM and I will pass on what I know.
TK

archery hunted it last year. INCREDIBLE. Lots of good bulls. Where ya headed?

Iam planning on camping around Rio Grande res. I will probaly hunt lost creek trail and some around the kitty creek area. But not knowing the unit very well Iam still open for suggestions. Thank all of you guys for replying!

Colofireguy,
Sounds like you will be on a DIY hunt. That is the only way I have hunted this area. I have hunted the Finger Mesa area but did not have much success. I know of a couple of places that are close to roads that are next to or protected by private property that you can get to that have held good concentrations of Elk in past. Fairly easy access. Get out your maps and send me a PM and I will forward you my cell # and you can call me if you are interested.
TK

It went well! And by the way thanks for your info. I got a nice one Tuesday the 12th in the evening. As soon as I can find someone to post the pics I will get it on here. Tim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom