2B-ARCHERY DEER

Hello everyone. I drew my 3rd choice which happend to be a 2B early archery deer tag. I was just wondering if anyone has hunted this early archery unit before,how is it and what should I expect??? If anyone has any advice or direction I can start my scouting adventures I would greatly appreciate it!!! I am not expecting anyone to give me their hot spots or water hole GPS coordinates but any information would be a great help. Thanks!

I drew 2b for muzzleloader this year and are in the same boat as you. I usually hunt 34 or 30 but, I wanted try to get into higher country. I just ordered blm and forest service maps today. Hopefully we both can have the hunt of a lifetime! Good luck.

Go to the NM dep. of game and fish. ask them to give you a map that shows you a large area in northern NM highlighted in blue. That blue area will be unit 2b. Start there! ROFL!

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

Unless you are lucky, you guys had better do a ton of scouting. Not many resident deer, and thats what you will be hunting(and mostly forkys). Thats one tough hunt.

I kinda figured the roads up there weren't paved with gold, but that's how you learn new areas. If your a non-resident you just got to get drawn,do the best research you can and go.

Eastwood, I hear ya. I figured this would be a tough Archery hunt with these dates. I was really hoping I would draw a January Archery tag! I am a non resident and hope to learn some information before I head down along with gaining some information while I am there.

I will be a very very very tough hunt, plan on a TON of scouting to even see deer on the Sept hunt. Dont want to pop your bubble but its going to be a ton of work... Call me anytime I will do what I can to get you started in the right spot!

www.200inches.com

COMPASSWESTOUTFITTERS, Thanks for the heads up... It was kind of an application mistake even selecting this unit as my 3rd choice. I was really hoping for a late January hunt and I am now wondering if its even worth spending a lot of time and $$$ traveling down there to hunt this early season??? I will be contacting you in the near future. Thanks!!

Junior, Thanks for the P.M. Im not real sure yet what am going to do with the tag... I have killed a couple P&Y Bucks scoring from 160''-180'' I really wanted to kill a nice P&Y Buck so I was hoping for my first 2 choices which were January hunts... Anyways thanks for the advice...

Hunt above the Jiccarilla. "DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT GET ON THE JICCARILLA RESERVATION".

Good Luck
Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong
for so long they seem right"-Joe E Sikora 2009

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom