2B Geophysical Project During Sons Hunt

jessbad

Well I thought I knew 2B pretty well since I have been hunting it since I was 8...and I am thirty eight now. However, I received a notice in the mail from the USFS that states they will be undergoing a 3D survey that affects the hunting area. It will be from America Mesa North to Caracas Mesa. Not to big a deal but I would like to know the area they have disturbed prior to this date. If anyone has info please let me know. I was planning on taking my lil one(Matthew 11 years of age taker of Crazeymaze
s sheds) based on the fact that they may have conducted these surveys in this area prior to the hunt. Here is the url the Jicarilla District office gave me.

Anyways....I was wondering if anyone knows where the 3D seismic people have been prior to today? Any tips on other areas that could be of good potential would be greatly appreciated.

Heck I would would like to talk to the field people out doing the 3D thing just to be able to ask if they been seeing anything and where.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I agree with Gator, they probably have helicopters and lots of people on the ground. I bet they have seen some big ones.

They are working the lower Cabresto canyon area, and west side of the Bancos.The weather has been bad so it has kept the crews grounded.

We didn't see any people on the ground during our hunt in 2b in early November, but saw choppers a number of times doing their thing up that way. A big thank you to troutbum for all the help he gave my buddy before and during the hunt. It's a tough unit and we saw lots of deer, but not the big one we hoped for.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom