308 Smith & Wesson MP 10

brdhuntr

Looking at buying one of these for a hunting rifle for big game. Does anyone have this model or an A.R. in this cal. and how do like it? Also what seems to be the best factory bullet you have found. Thankyou..

My wife shoots the DPMS AP4 in .308. She loves the gun. Very little recoil light and easy to carry. If I am not reloading for it she shoots the Winchester Supreme 168 grn BTHP.

I have a DPMS (I don't remember the model number). Mine has an 18" bull barrel and weighs a metric ton. It is a fun toy and shoots very well, but no fun at all to carry around.

I shoot black hills 168 grain BTHPs and they are only going 2450 FPS from my short barrel, so its a pretty weak gun for hunting.

These seem to weigh about twice what an ar-15 weighs and I would not recommend it for a hunting rifle. Its heavy and the short barrel makes the 308 really weak. These types of guns are also very clumsy and uncomfortable to carry slung.

I really love mine and would recommend it to anyone as a fun toy, but I have yet to take mine hunting for anything.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom