31 Deer

Ltsheets

Very Active Member
A guy I work with (military vet) has a rifle tag for deer in 31 this year. We live in Clovis so we are relatively close to some of the unit but it's HUGE. He hasn't had time yet to get out and scout due to work and family. He asked me to help point him in the right direction but I've not hunted 31 before. I've only hunted 32 and 33 for deer in this part of the state. I can tell him how to hunt the dunes but don't know where to tell him to start scouting. Any info would be appreciated and feel free to PM me if you don't want it public knowledge. Thanks.

I hunted the bow hunt in January- First time in the unit. Things were not as they normally are (so I was told) due to that huge snow storm that happened around Christmas.
I will tell you GPS land status chip is an absolute must as the whole unit is checkerboard. Saw some deer, never could seal the deal with the bow. I drew the rifle hunt this year. Good luck!

It's a good unit alotio of deer only problem is a lot of people during rifle hunt. Look at state line road and cacawati(sp) road south there's a good chunk of state land with farm circles around it with a lot of sand. In that area just get off the road and glass and walk.Millinsand is a good area with a lot of state and Prarie chicken areas lot of sand in that area as well just glass.I have killed some big deer with bow in this unit it's just a tuff rifle hunt because of the people.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom