331 Moose

ismith

Very Active Member
Its finally sinking in that Ill be hunting bull moose this year! Did anyone see any big bulls while elk hunting the Gravellys/Ruby river area last year?(HD 331 for moose)

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

I'm sending you a google earth landmark so don't bother looking anywhere else. Big bull last year. I hope he's still around. You owe me.

ismith you lucky SOB I've been putting in for that tag for 10 straight years...You've got a good one, I'm sure you'll find one that trips your trigger. Good luck and i wanna see some pics!

I got a 361 tag for moose. I havent been their for 10 years. I hope the wolves havent ate all of them.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-25-10 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]Ill be taking LOTS of pics. Hopefully Ill get to shoot lots of nice bulls with my D80 Nikon before I shoot one with the M70 Winchester(or bow)! Ill be relishing every second of this hunt.

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

Yeah it is good for the Rob-Ledford. Me and my dad used to hunt the Blacktail every year for elk and have seen some great bulls in that country over the years. Im going to do my best to do justice to this tag!

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

No big bulls spotted but usually see moose up Johnny ridge. Both sides of the road on the upper end. When you hit the Gravelly road go south & have seen em right on top in the open. Lots of wolf tracks up there too. Years ago seen a huge bull on the south side of the Greenhorns, I think Warm Springs. Good luck.

Better Get your self a reliable 7Mag :D for that hunt don't want to risk it whatsoever Moose-Brother!!

Ummm, yeah....that's a bison skull by the way. Moose are a little different....I'll explain later.

Just wishing I had your tag. So where did the skull come from? From Turners or is it a reeeeeally old on from the original herd? Very cool.

I guess I owe you guys some pictures! I judged him at 40" wide and he ended up being 38 wide.

Moose2010001.jpg

005-4.jpg

Moose2010010.jpg

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

>I cheated & looked at him
>on hunttalk when you posted!
> Nice moose.

Yeah, me too. I have been spending more time over there lately. Way to go on a nice bull.

Zigga,
He was by Cottonwood campground on the Ruby river. I was headed to the spot you told me about when I found him.

48461bbc1c983664.jpg

Nice bull. I've seen a lot of big bulls down there over the past 20 years of elk hunting. I saw the biggest one I ever saw this year. He was sparring with another moose. I've got over 6 minutes of video of the two sparring. Here is the big boy.
1691big_moose.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom